Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flyingeagle

CO2 laser peel (fractional ultrapulse)

hello.. I've been to two derms lately. first one said I could get the co2 laser, but the second says she would'n give it to me because of risks of complications (she said probability of 10 %)

I really hate my skin though but the derms say it isn't too bad. the scars are probably not "deep" by the standards they use, but my skin is very uneven, and wrinkly sometimes.

should I get the co2 laser treatment? what kind of complications can occure?

Go visit a plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist. Getting a CO2 is up to you we cant make that deicion for you. Educate yourself about that laser and what complications can occur...ASK the doctor the question about complications.

Get as many different opinions as possible and go with what you think is best. Opinions will differ on here some ppl will favor the CO2 and others will equally against it.

i did co2 back in 2005. no complications (but i paid a lot, and made sure i went to a good doctor). i have varying degrees of scars. from very shallow, to a few that are probably considered deep. it's all rolling.

co2 didn't do a dam thing. every single scar is still there, even the most mild ones. i wouldn't waste your money.

Laser resurfacing made my problem worse.

I actually had seen one dermatologist who said, don't do it, it is a waste of money. An angel from God, that I chose to ignore, in my foolishness. Determined to get it done, I went to a plastic surgeon, who saw $ signs and said, sure, he'd do it. I ended up with strange white scars, worse than before. The damage was done by his going in too deep (as two subsequent plastic surgeons told me he had done).

In the year following, I did research and found out I wasn't the only one being experimented on by greedy doctors. My advice is, don't do it. It is just not worth it. Save your money for something better that may come along. Don't take chances like this with your face.

Edited by Birdie

I tried a lot of things but nothing worked, really. I'm seeing some improvement with Retin A right now, I think before I wasn't using enough.

Edited by Birdie