Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

what is the dumbest thing youve ever done to try and treat your acne?

I took it to my face with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

Actually I took it to my face with a razor blade, scissors, surgical tweezers, and major pain when I was 17 or 18. I cut my chin open bigtime one night to remove some stuff. Well I removed it and woke up the next morning with a chin swollen, blood everywhere, and lead to being sad for over a year. I started applying makeup at this time to cover up what I did. I looked like a freak. Half my face was white powder and the other half skin. I looked like Michael Jackson. Somehow the scars faded away with my new regimen. I never thought they would, but somehow the destruction of over 6 years ago is just the past. If you look closely you can still see some marks.

I tried astringint. ONCE.

clean and clear is better as a fucking toilet cleaner.

nearly burned my face right off.

oh well. i learned.

Once upon a time...

Only this isn't a fairy tale but my real-life story! LOL

I had this mofo of a cyst between my eyebrows that stayed for like one month. Seriously, seriously affected my mood and I got really frustrated started feeling what I think were the infant stages of depression.

So anyway, finally it comes down to about 15% of its original size. It remains at this state for a couple of weeks and I get worried and frustrated. Frustration at it not going down fully, and worry that it might regain its original crowning glory and swell to its ginormous size again.

So what stupid thing did I do? I squeezed it. I saw that a bit of the puss had almost reached the surface so I squeezed it, managing to get some puss out.

The next 2 days, it swelled back to bigger than its original mofo size! :surprised:

I got really, really sad. Abject misery would be the understatement of the century. I got so desperate I surfed acne forums and learnt about cortizone shots. I did not want to have to suffer this Mount Cyst for another month or more!

I got the shot and the cyst dissolved in a week.

A horrible experience to have to relive the cyst, but one reward from the experience is that I learnt that I have a powerful and handy tool by my side whenever Godzilla zits appear: Cortisone Shots.

I seriously recommend getting these shots whenever u get a huge zit. You don't want to get scarring, which often happens if u allow cyst to just be. Sure they go down over time, but there is a very real chance u cld get scarring.

What is the dumbest thing youve ever done to try and treat your acne? I thought Id create this as a topic for us to discuss since Im having insomnia. I just did something incredibly stupid. I am so furious about my clogged pores all over my nose and the stupid blackheads that I took a shaver and shaved my nose and in the process, I knicked myself in two places. Now I have to wear a bandaid on my nose :(

I put rubbing alchohol on my skin.. lets just say, my skin created atleast 14 new pimples in the night...

I tried astringint. ONCE.

clean and clear is better as a fucking toilet cleaner.

nearly burned my face right off.

oh well. i learned.

Once upon a time...

Only this isn't a fairy tale but my real-life story! LOL

I had this mofo of a cyst between my eyebrows that stayed for like one month. Seriously, seriously affected my mood and I got really frustrated started feeling what I think were the infant stages of depression.

So anyway, finally it comes down to about 15% of its original size. It remains at this state for a couple of weeks and I get worried and frustrated. Frustration at it not going down fully, and worry that it might regain its original crowning glory and swell to its ginormous size again.

So what stupid thing did I do? I squeezed it. I saw that a bit of the puss had almost reached the surface so I squeezed it, managing to get some puss out.

The next 2 days, it swelled back to bigger than its original mofo size! :surprised:

I got really, really sad. Abject misery would be the understatement of the century. I got so desperate I surfed acne forums and learnt about cortizone shots. I did not want to have to suffer this Mount Cyst for another month or more!

I got the shot and the cyst dissolved in a week.

A horrible experience to have to relive the cyst, but one reward from the experience is that I learnt that I have a powerful and handy tool by my side whenever Godzilla zits appear: Cortisone Shots.

I seriously recommend getting these shots whenever u get a huge zit. You don't want to get scarring, which often happens if u allow cyst to just be. Sure they go down over time, but there is a very real chance u cld get scarring.

cortisone shots FTW. always.

i swear by them

You make me laugh Christina :lol:

I was at work and my co worker told me the whole left side of my face was peeling. It was scary. So out of desperation I grabbed a sample jar of that Burt's Bees Hand Cream (really thick and greasy) and slathered it on my face. Bad idea. I broke out for months and months. I still can't believe I did that.

Molly I like this topic!!

The worst thing I ever did, let's see ... I popped a bunch of zits once, and then when they got to the "seeping" stage (sorry for the visual), I thought I'd take care of drying them out by putting a pure Kaolin mask on. Green kaolin. Needless to say, when I washed the mask off, the kaolin had gone into the pores of the popped zits, so I had a bunch of green dots all over my face. In order to get them off, I had to use baking soda and scrub the bejeezus out of my face. The next day my face was red, and the zits looked like tiny bombs had been dropped all over my face. It was awesome. :doubt:

Incidentally, I am glad I didn't think to shave my nose, but I did try waxing it with the wax I use on my bikini line. All it did was burn my skin and it didn't pull out the blackheads. :doh::lol:

Generally the worst thing i ever have done is get sun burnt with acne.

Not clever :( Ruins skin pigmentation big time.

Ahh well GAME FACES GUYS.

I rubbed a scoulding hot lipton green tea bag all over my face because my mother in law said told me to use a green tea bag. The bag ended up being hotter than expected and burnt my face and it peeled terribly and was red for a few days. It sounded like good idea at first, ya know,thinking the heat would open the pores and releave some of the swelling and puss from the zits. Well it definately turned out to be a bad idea. What can I say I was desperate to try anything? LOL. It's one thing I will NEVER try again. I guess mother doesn't always know best.

I've had a barely visible little whitehead right at the start of my eyebrow (the area closer to my nose) for about a week now and it's a little bigger now and tender, so I know it's coming to a head soon. But it's not inflamed. So I tried popping it last night and this morning, to no avail. The result is a bigger, hard lump. I'm icing it right now which is REALLY working, and I have work tonight...so I'm icing this thing until I'm satisfied.

Potentially the dumbest thing I've done could be what I'm doing now. I'm on Accutane and in my attempt to minimize the IB, I'm on a heavy dose of AB's: 1200mg/day emycin and 250mg/day azythromycin. Against my better judgement I even took 200mg/day doxycycline for 5 days, which I know is a no-no with accutane. Goddamn I'm probably killing my liver right now with this much e-mycin and accutane. I can't wait until the IB goes away then I can stop all the ABs.

Ok listen to this, this is the first time acne made me better looking! Atleast, somewhat...

5 years back I had this HUGE cyst on my chin, i was like 15 and didn't know what to do with it, so I thought: What the heck? I'm going to sqeeze is it till it pops.

Now, ofcouse, it didn't, so I dicided to sqeeze some more. I sqeezed a WHOLE WEEK. And the cyst got bigger and bigger, till one day it finnaly poped a little bit, and then I let it heal.

After the cyst was gone, I got a scare on my chin ofcourse.

But now, sometimes girls saying: awh, you have this cute little beauty hole on your chin!

If only they knew! moeahah :shhh:

grtz

I once attempted to pop a zit with a nail clipper. I bled for about 30 minutes and was late for school.

Hahaha! I apologize but this made me laugh!

You all remember when the various heating devices (i.e. zeno) were in...

Well I once put a handful or two of rice into a new sock, tied it off, and microwaved it. Ya know, to get it hot in attempt to create a makeshift zeno-esque device or...something.

Anyway I held that HOT contraption on my worst pimple. And I tried again. And so on. In the end it just got very inflamed and hot, so I tried to ice it to negate that. That side of my face was so incredibly red that day; I had no option but to avoid all social contact so no one would ask what happened.

In hindsight, I'm not sure what I thought would happen. /palmface

Well probably too much "picking" which resulted in redness, light scarring (which is fading since using the regimen!!) I actually have used diluted bleach on a cotton pad (thought it would kill bacteria), honey masks (turned my pores into cauldrons of waxy yellow crud) and using the kenalog (spl?) cream given to me by a dermatologist. It contained a greasy vaseline-like base which made my skin go nuts--I was disgusted at that point. I have done so many dumb things I can' think of them all, I will rack my brain!

I tell myself not to squeeze, pick or scratch my pimples but I do it anyways when I am bored or sort of frustrated. I then get pissed off because I keep on doing this and continue to pick.

I very rarely come to this forum and haven't yet took the time to look at information (I will soon), but could someone tell me if poking a small hole with a needle on a whitehead to remove the stuff inside is a good thing?

If so, how do I know when the whitehead is ready to be popped?

I've been doing this for two to three weeks and I guess my face has improved.

I suppose I have mild acne.. it's nothing too serious, but it is still acne and it sucks!

picking :redface: don't ever do it!

if I had a chance to say only ONE thing to a little happy child that I once was it would be: DON'T PICK AT YOUR SKIN!

scars don't let me forget about that mistake...I often think that if I ever manage to get rid of them I will do something so good ... just haven't figured out what yet...definitely I will spread the message about how I got rid of the scars.

picking. although it seems like common sense I had to learn for myself that my pimples only last 3 days max. if i pick they can have red scabs that last for 3 months. DONT PICK EVER!

I meditated with my eyes closed for about 30 minutes straight a day, i read somewhere that you can focus your mind to heal almost anything with the right concentration. retarted idea.

I washed my face with wine

I cut open a few zits with random objects (needles, edges of things, etc..)

i forced myself to sleep on my back so my face wouldn't touch my pillow (hurt back and took longer to fall asleep)

I used proactiv on everything above the breast (shoulders, back, chest, neck, face) lol, what a dumbass i was

ooh! my favorite was the eggyolk and toothpaste mask, results: stained carpet and a nice bright red colored face ! :)

-toothpaste

-rubbing alcohol

-hydrogen peroxide

-cutting open a huge pimple (scar on my nose...)

-having an emotional breakdown in the shower at age 11 and using every single product in the shower on my face

-using foot scrub on my face. Scrubbing hard.

-lemon juice

-falling asleep with a Neutrogena mask on = chemically burned face for 2 weeks

-picking in general

-proactive

-trying to use heavy-duty RX topicals when I only have mild to moderate acne

-making my dog lick me all over the face, thinking that since they lick their wounds to clean them it might help my acne...? :ninja:

Either tried to pop a zit with no visible head right on my cheekbone under my eye. Didn't stop when nothing came out and ended up giving myself a black eye.

Had my cat lick my face because I thought the cat's sandpaper-y tongue would help "exfoilate" my skin. My cat eats dead birds and rodents frequently.