Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone else found themselves completely unable to go out of the house without makeup on?

I am a swimmer and have to put some on even after i get out of the pool. Without makeup i feel completely naked and ugly.

Anyone have any stories?

Yup, I just found out the wonders of makeup not too long ago, since I have red marks on my face and barely any active acne, I use a little foundation every morning and wow it totally makes me feel so much better about myself!! Before that I was afraid of using makeup because I thought it would just aggravate my condition since I have crazy sensitive skin.

I wish I could find some make up! My skin is darker than my entire family's skin, so I cant yank mums or my sisters.. Might have to go shopping.. A lil scared peeps might see that I have make up on, though..

Yeah I guess...

I put some one, try and blend it the powder..

wether it covers me well or not...

mehhh

But it certainly gives me a fake boost of confidence / Placebo effect!! / temporary mask of happyness

u should try not to put make up whenever u can because its more natural when u get used to it,u feel much more better than wearing make up. trust me

I hate make-up now, foundations, powders and concealers anyway. It was like

a crutch and I couldn't take it. The worst feeling in all my acne experience was

thinking I look fine then washing my face at night and realizing it was all still

there, and I would just break down every night.

So one day I was like screw this and I haven't worn it since. Feels better.

I agree that makeup allows me to feel more comfortable when I'm out, but I think over the past few weeks I've come to terms with my skin, and going bare isn't as paralyzing as it used to be.

I'm going on holiday in a few days and I don't plan on wearing any makeup during the plane rides. It's not really somewhere I need to look good and I'll never see those people again.

I definitely agree that I feel more presentable with it on, but there are just times when you shouldn't care!

Has anyone else found themselves completely unable to go out of the house without makeup on?

I am a swimmer and have to put some on even after i get out of the pool. Without makeup i feel completely naked and ugly.

Anyone have any stories?

I can't even stay at my house without needing to put on make-up to go downstairs. My acne isn't bad, I'm just way, WAY too critical of myself. Although I'm sure my face looks way worse with it on. I haven't found make-up that's really caught my eye and has looked nice. :/

Anyone have any stories?

I can't even stay at my house without needing to put on make-up to go downstairs. My acne isn't bad, I'm just way, WAY too critical of myself. Although I'm sure my face looks way worse with it on. I haven't found make-up that's really caught my eye and has looked nice. :/

as of now that's pretty much the case. everynow and then i'll go for a short walk without it. the thing is i look like i got the crap beat out of me without it, that's how bad the red marks are. for me its the "looking normal" thing... not about perfection. can't wait till i don't feel like i need it/don't look like i just lost fight.

good luck!

Since my severe acne outbreak I cannot leave my house without makeup on. The red marks are just too bad. I never used to have a problem just running somewhere bare-faced. No more. Makeup gives me much more confidence and makes me so much less self-conscious. I will probably continue to be like this until the redness completely fades, whenever that is. Been 5 months and counting...

I have a love/hate relationship with makeup. It makes me look and feel great, but at the same time I am very dependent on it to feel 'normal' when I am out and about in public. Sometimes even with makeup I am self conscious of how I look. I really shouldn't care what other people think of my skin (especially since it's not like I caused it to be this way), and yet I still do. It's a little paralyzing.

I have a love/hate relationship with makeup. It makes me look and feel great, but at the same time I am very dependent on it to feel 'normal' when I am out and about in public. Sometimes even with makeup I am self conscious of how I look. I really shouldn't care what other people think of my skin (especially since it's not like I caused it to be this way), and yet I still do. It's a little paralyzing.

I just wanted to say how gorgeous you look in your avatar pic...I'm not sure if that's your natural blush or if you're wearing some, bc it looks so natural, but either way. Makeup or not, you look absolutely beautiful :catdance:

I don't really like it.

I was clear for months and months but am experiencing problems again but only put concealer on the uglyness.

I just wanted to say how gorgeous you look in your avatar pic...I'm not sure if that's your natural blush or if you're wearing some, bc it looks so natural, but either way. Makeup or not, you look absolutely beautiful :catdance:

Thanks. :) It was kind of hot that day and when it's hot my cheeks flush, so yeah it's natural haha.

I will not allow anyone but my immediate family, and now the people in my derm's office :D, to see me without foundation. My skin is actually much clearer now & I still feel weird. I need concealer at least....

i went to connecticut to meet a boy i've been seeing's parents, and i forgot my makeup! i freaked out so bad and started crying when i realized... the boy was really cool about it, and as it turned out i didn't get to meet his parents anyway (which was kind of weird) but yeah, being without makeup freaks me out a lot, even though my acne isn't that severe. my concealer is always in my purse, it's like my security blanket.

i second that!

yeah - women have it a lot easier then men. It is totally acceptable and pretty much expected for women to wear makeup...guys don't have that option, so imagine having to face the world every day with NO makeup at all, ever - then you're living in the world of a guy with acne (lol).

I suppose a guy could also wear makeup, but I aside from putting a little dab on a bright red pimiple, I think it would be noticeable on a guy if he powdered his entire face or whatever...I dunno, I would probably be more paranoid about people noticing the make up then the acne :redface:

yeah - women have it a lot easier then men. It is totally acceptable and pretty much expected for women to wear makeup...guys don't have that option, so imagine having to face the world every day with NO makeup at all, ever - then you're living in the world of a guy with acne (lol).

there's also the fact, though, that women are judged much more based on their appearance than men. they've done studies, for instance, that show that both overweight men and overweight women earn less than average-sized people, but that the effect for women is significantly greater than that for men. so while it's nice that it's acceptable for women to wear makeup, it's also kind of more necessary for us to wear makeup. :shrug:

yah but weight is a lot easier to control than acne... women have it easier most cases hehe.. we dont have to worry about "that time of month" id probably die if blood start gushing out of my genitals:p

yah but weight is a lot easier to control than acne... women have it easier most cases hehe.. we dont have to worry about "that time of month" id probably die if blood start gushing out of my genitals:p

dude, i don't even want to start arguing 'who has it easier' because that's just silly, there are plenty of challenges women face that have nothing to do with menstruation, but i don't want to turn this into a flame war. (and yes, i'm aware that men face unique challenges as well.)

but i would like to challenge the idea that weight is a lot easier to control than acne. as an acne sufferer, i know that acne can be pretty much impossible to control, but the same is true for weight. it's not just about exercise and eating right; if you're interested in arguing with me about this, read this article first.

sorry to get so off-topic, if anyone wants to discuss either of these things with me i'd be happy to do it over pm :) otherwise maybe we should get back to makeup...

lily, I understand what you're getting at. The comment I made on menstruation was intended to come out as a joke. Yes, I know that women face plenty challenges that men dont even come close to facing and I was slightly ignorant by passing through that fact. I may have worded my post wrong, it was not supposed to be serious.

Interesting article, I know that genetics plays a factor in weight control and metabolism, never knew that fat cells could increase or shrink in size. Thanks :).

wow, i love this message board. i was worried my post was gonna start a big argument, but that was a really nice response :D thanks malevolent.