Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As a vegetarian, Im always looking for good, clean, healthy sources of protein.

Ive been reading great things about hemp protein, and was wondering if any of you guys have tried it. It doesnt contain the anti nutrients or present the problems that soy does, and it doesnt have the allergy/mucous forming qualities that whey protien does.

http://www.innvista.com/health/foods/hemp/seedprot.htm

Thats a pretty good article which makes it sound promising for me. If its this good I wonder why you dont hear about it more? Im going to order some with my next vitamin order and check it out. Its a lot cheaper than whey protien too!

I've been eating hemp protein regularly for 1 year. Nothing did more to increase my workout gains. In my opinion it's the ultimate fitness supplement. I personally eat it in the form of "Vega", which is a Canadian vegan protein blend that's kind of expensive. But regular hemp protein powder and seeds are almost just as good.

It's relatively alkaline, unlike whey (or even worse... soy protein), so your body utilizes it much better than other protein powders. Acidic protein still builds muscle, but they're weaker.

It also noticeably reduced my breakouts, but didn't stop them completely.

Awesome! This is just the feedback I was looking for. We should perhaps mention this in the "dirty protien" thread.

Ive felt like every time I try and introduce a protien supplement into my diet, there is some kinda problem with it. I bought a big tub of soy protien powder a long time ago, then I start reading all this horrible stuff about soy. SO I go and buy a biiiig thing of whey protien {made sure it was vegetarian} then I realize becuase its dairy its really mucous forming and seems to make me conjested when I take it, let alone all the other bad connections between too much dairy and skin issues. I feel like I keep wasting my money so I really want to look into this stuff before getting it. Ive just been working out a lot lately and I pretty much live off of green smoothies, raw seeds and vegetable soup and salads. Id like to add something into my smoothies to really boost me.

Awesome! This is just the feedback I was looking for. We should perhaps mention this in the "dirty protien" thread.

Ive felt like every time I try and introduce a protien supplement into my diet, there is some kinda problem with it. I bought a big tub of soy protien powder a long time ago, then I start reading all this horrible stuff about soy. SO I go and buy a biiiig thing of whey protien {made sure it was vegetarian} then I realize becuase its dairy its really mucous forming and seems to make me conjested when I take it, let alone all the other bad connections between too much dairy and skin issues. I feel like I keep wasting my money so I really want to look into this stuff before getting it. Ive just been working out a lot lately and I pretty much live off of green smoothies, raw seeds and vegetable soup and salads. Id like to add something into my smoothies to really boost me.

vitacost.com has some.

And the link Blessthefall provided is awesome! So cool to be able to design your own supplement. I think it may be a little expensive though.

Im still using the whey protien until I get the hemp. Its yucky but I need something.

I tried it and I LOVE it! Its awesome! I had it in a smoothie and it worked so good for providing lasting energy, and balancing my blood sugar. Im going to continue with it. I didnt feel any of the "yuck" feeling too much whey protien gives me {i can handle small amounts of dairy but too much dairy protein makes me feel mucousy and gross}.