Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PimplesSUCK

Water Type and Acne

Does anyone think there maybe a connection. At my house the water is full of minerals and iron. Its really bad actually. Its the kind of water that leaves stains and stains glass. Like my grandma who lives by us has these drinking glasses for a couple years. And they started out clear and now they are darkly tinted red. Its kinda like...eek. And the water also leave calcium deposits. We do filter are water, but we also use bags of salt. SALT! :X Umm...for some reason I have a gut feeling that this is making my pimples worse. I mean are water is so bad they say that the water isn't good drinking water. :?: :?: So what do you guys think. I definitely think there is some type of connection with the water type or the salt we use to filter the water and acne.

Guest fatman_uk

I sed this a few months ack but it never really escalated into a proper discussion, my reason was because in the north of england we have 'soft water', which is fairly high in chlorine an low in chalk, but down south they have 'hard water' which is has hardly any chlorine but LOADS of chalk, its quite sick actually that u can see the lumps of it floatin around. LOL :?

-Gaz

Guest fatman_uk

Nah, i jus dont drink the water when i go down south, lol. An yeah a filter helps. :X

-Gaz

Funny, I don't drink the water when I go south either. But south for me is Mexico..lol. So your saying that your government just filters out disease, but leaves the rest of the filtering process for you to take care of? Wow, even the worst water here in the US is quite filtered. Of course, pipes go bad, and other things to consider, but we filter our water fairly good. And to top it off, most of us here in California, have home water filters aswell.

i agree. mexico is too close for me. i have to have bottled water delivered. i use it for everything. if i could i'd bathe in it but.....i can't.i don't ingest anything that's been cooked or has any faucet water.

Hey...Yeah I do in fact think water type has something to do with all this...When Im in different towns or countries, the water is different and feels different when I wash my face. Somtimes its itchy and I break out or it is smooth with the wash and feels superb later....I definatly think this is something.

When I went up to my cabin for rifle season, I washed my face twice a day. There is a lot of iron in the water. After going there I have had bad acne.

Mexico water YUCK!

Water from a well YUCK!

Water from the north east of the US (New Hampshire) YUM! (It has a sweet taste to it)

Water from where I am YUCK!

Water from north west (Washington) MMMMMM!

Water in the town next to me YUCK! (To much sulfur)

Water from a bottle TASTY!!!

Water from where I work (in the mountians) BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Just thought I should share my water escapades. I like water that tastes good because it helps my face! heehee 8)