Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightshiver

Is there anything else I can take?

Well, I've had rosacea ever since I was born. Although, it never got bad until now, and so I have been going to dermatologists and taking different pills, creams, etc. Here's a list of what I have taken so far:

Vanamide 40% Cream

Doxycycline Hyclate 20mg

Differin Gel

Triaz

Metrogel 1% (metronidazole gel)

Clenia Emollient Cream (sodium sulfacetamide 10%, sulfur 5%)

Clenia Foaming Wash (sodium sulfacetamide 10%, sulfur 5%)

Solodyn 90mg

Clearasil Ultra

Acnexus

St. Ives Apricot Scrub

Apple Cider Vinegar (as a drink)

So, are there any suggestions as to what I should take? First, probably a little more info. My face always looks highly flushed, and occasionally people will ask if I'm sunburnt or if I'm blushing. I have around moderate acne which is slightly stubborn. Currently, my dermatologist currently has me on the Solodyn and the Clenia creams (both of them). Technically, I know that there's no way to cure my rosacea and that I'll have to deal with it for the rest of my life. But any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I always thought that rosacea was a latent onset disorder, meaning it developed during one's middle ages.

Which subtype of rosacea do you have? Treating it is dependent on the subtype. Triaz is BP and can aggravate rosacea. The following products come to mind:

Finacea - a prescription topical

Oracea - which is a continued release prescription antibiotic