Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
santiago

smoking and acne

now this is kinda strange, but i quit smoking last new years eve and you would of thought

generally that would help/improve your acne but it seems ive actually struggled more with acne this year than previous years when i smoked, hmmmmm....... any thoughts?

Hmm strange cos when i stopped smokig i stopped hanging about in smokey places and it cleared my skin right up ,no joke i had the best skin since my pre acne years but i dunno cos i only managed to stop for a month for a month and its kinda back now but if you think about it non smokrs have acne too so it aint really got to do with smoking or non smokng but yeah i hope you are financially better off at least and if your acne is really bothering you i suggest you go see a derm about being put on roaccutane or something.

.....Good luck.

I'm sure I've posted about this before? Anyway, I have quit smoking a few times and each time I had an inital breakout, then it was just the same as when I smoked. Makes no difference to me.

there are very few consistants with acne, and as such, the fact that your acne is not aflicted by smoking could very well be a general rule for yourself. unfortunitly smoking for me has always been a very potant agrevant to my skin.

smoking gives me those little red bumps all over my cheeks. otherwise, my cheeks aren't really a problem (mostly my jawline).

i could be way off, but has your diet changed? when people don't smoke, they eat more. which means better chance of junk food.

when they say diet doen'st affect acne, it's bullcrap. they're talkin about people who get like 3 pimples their whole lives. but for sorry little pricks like me, i was born susceptible. that's just the hand i was dealt.

Acne shows that there is stress on your body, whether from lack of sleep, bad-for-you diet, or just stress. So maybe the reason for people who stopped and their acne got better is because they weren't experiencing a lot of real stress. And maybe for those who it got worse is because the amount of real stress that they had was more than the stress that the smoking put on him. My advice to you: find ways to relieve stress, jogging, meditating etc. anything! Smoking is horrible for you, and thing about it this way. For every pack you smoke, you lose two hours of your life. Nothing is worth that. Period.

I can definately relate to smokers acne. I won't go into my smoking history, other than to say don't ever start because it's really hard to stop.

On that note...I have stopped roughly 4 times in my life, ranging from 1 month to 2 years, and my skin DID clear up tremendously. Clear pores, no blackheads, no monthly breakouts. It's great. As soon as I fall off the bandwagon...hideously clogged pores, hundreds of blackheads, lots of red marks and very oily skin that just sits on top.

As always acne is different for everyone, and I can totally agree that YES, smoking can create very bad skin for some as it does for me.

BTW I have given up again...

Cheers

LC