Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wigley

What regimen should I use?

I have pastules/nodules (I think) thats what my dermatologists said which I guess thats cystic acne. I've had acne since I was 12. It started getting bad when I was 13 and I'm now 16. I used proactive without much succes. I used Acne-Free for three months and it almost cleared me completely up but for some reason my acne came out worse than before all over my face after three months. Its just quit working all the sudden. Its been a while since I've sticked with Acne-Free so I may go on it again because I had so much succes with it through the late spring and summer and there were no side effects except it did sting my eyes occasionaly but not near as much as proactive did. I also was using Tetracycling during that time and I am starting to go on again because Detracycline dosen't work and my dermatologists also gave me a Pan Oxy Bar and gel with Benzoyl Peroxide but I don't use it because it burns the crap out of my eyes. My eyes are really sensitive. I'm at a bad time right now I want things to be like they were when they were good so I can actually have a chance of getting a girlfriend because I know girls like me when my face is clear but when Acne is all over it I'm ugly as heck. So please give me some suggestions on how to clear my acne up. Thanks.

Well the first step would be trying to figure out exactly what kind of acne you have. The DK Regimen works best on pustules or popules (from what I've heard). Follow the link http://www.acne.org/whatisacne.html to find out what kind of acne you mostly have.

I know it can be hard to get pictures up, but it would really help all of us here find out what might be a good option for you.

It might seem embarrasing, but most of the people here are going through the exact same thing you are, and we all want to help eachother.

Why not ask your doctor for your next option since you can't tolerate the latest prescription? That's my suggestion. ;)

Why not ask your doctor for your next option since you can't tolerate the latest prescription? That's my suggestion. ;)

I'd second that.

If you get fed up with the docs (like I did) or you just don't feel like visiting one, I'd try the regimen.

The DKR regimen works for some, doesn't work for others, but I think it's a decent enough starting point. It's not risky health-wise, it isn't too expensive, and you can easily modify the regimen later on to suit your individual skin, which is what alot of people do.