Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello all,

I am feeling very down today, I have a severe cyst the size of a 10p on the left of my chin and am finding it hard to talk or eat. I can feel it inside my mouth too and I look awful, I had to ask my husband to take my son to school today as I cannot face leaving the house :(

I have had acne since I was 12 (Im 32 now) and have had all the usual stuff. After some advice here I have been taking saw pallmetto, zinc, fish oil and acv. I have just finished a course of laser treatment (Nlite) which has left me £1000 worse off (and skin no better) and my Isotrexin has lost its effectiveness over the last few months.

I saw the Dr yesterday and she has referred me to a dermatologist again, but I don't know how long this will take. I have tried to find a private derm but they all seem to be selling some kind of 'miracle' treatment or lasers ect. Any recommendations?

As for this cyst, any tips, I have been using ice and pain relief which soothes it but the shooting pains are really getting me down.

Sorry for such a miserable post but that is how I am feeling!

Poor thing! - I really feel for you- I get these cysts too - I am crushing up asprian and useing as a poultice to help with my pain. Maybe try this? Dont feel down. I know you think everyone is looking at you but they arent really. Feel better soon!

Hello all,

I am feeling very down today, I have a severe cyst the size of a 10p on the left of my chin and am finding it hard to talk or eat. I can feel it inside my mouth too and I look awful, I had to ask my husband to take my son to school today as I cannot face leaving the house :(

I have had acne since I was 12 (Im 32 now) and have had all the usual stuff. After some advice here I have been taking saw pallmetto, zinc, fish oil and acv. I have just finished a course of laser treatment (Nlite) which has left me £1000 worse off (and skin no better) and my Isotrexin has lost its effectiveness over the last few months.

I saw the Dr yesterday and she has referred me to a dermatologist again, but I don't know how long this will take. I have tried to find a private derm but they all seem to be selling some kind of 'miracle' treatment or lasers ect. Any recommendations?

As for this cyst, any tips, I have been using ice and pain relief which soothes it but the shooting pains are really getting me down.

Sorry for such a miserable post but that is how I am feeling!

I totally understand how you feel (since I've had severe cystic acne at only 12. I'm 15 now, and don't have it anymore thanks to honey, zinc supplements, and rosewater). lol. I guess it takes a while to find something that works for you eh? =).

I wouldn't worry so much about that cyst. Everyone has their OWN problems, their OWN faults to be too busy paying attention to it. I"m sure they'll notice it, but they''ll just be like, "aww... I hope she gets better." or.. "that looks like it hurts!" But they're not going to criticize you! Unless they're complete assholes. lol. So... smile! (if that's even possible..hehe). CONFIDENCE KILLS. <3

As for helping it go away? well.. it's good that you're icing it to ease the swelling. Keep doing it. Also, take some pimple cream (BP, SA, ...SOMETHING. lol) and put it on the pimple. Or use pure, 100%, all natural honey. THEN, put a band aid over it. I guarantee it will shrink in the next 2-3 days. I suggested it to a guy on here named....Grimz? And he said it shrunk and went away in a day!! ^_^. the band aid makes a difference. So.........you could try that?

Drink some green tea and plenty of water as this will clean out your system.

GOOD LUCK! and.......don't be so sad about it! You're married, have a child, what more could you ask for??? =) Don't let acne ruin things. Just "pretend" you have the most beautiful flawless skin EVERRRRR. haha.. or, if you want, you can look at pictures of celebrities WITHOUT make up. That always makes me feel better. =D

HOPE THAT SUCKER DIES!

--Lisa

hey try taking green tea extract pills 3 times a day.

i have been doing that for a few months now and haven't gotten a single cyst since (but i also made some diet changes at the same time so that might've had some effect too)

green is a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant, so it helps keeps inflammatino down. i still get mild acne... but no more cysts. *knocks on wood*

Hey,

Thanks for all the advice, It is (was) a large cyst, it has come to a head (or lots of heads!) a couple of times now so it has started to go down, I am just left with a hard lump under the skin. Only prob now is I have a new and even more painful one on my right cheek :cry: Here we go again...and again...and again.

The next time you get a big cyst, you should hightail it to the derm and ask for a cortisone shot. It'll flatten the cyst and make it disappear completely in a couple days.