Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hockeystar17

can u leave aqua glycolic cleanser on over night?

it goes on so smooth, doesnt foam, and dissapears that i feel like i can just keep it on over night instead of having to rinse it off. will this make it less effective? thanks

Be extremely careful with glycolic acid. It has now burned me thrice -- literally. Most recently was two nights ago. I stayed home from school today because of how disfigured my face was. A long band of blackish-red crust spread across my upper lip, and there were patches on my cheeks.

My skin has at least healed amazingly fast. I burned myself two nights ago; now all the crust is gone and the skin is just a bit red and raw. This is because of the "Butt Paste" zinc oxide ointment I have been using enormous quantities of. So, if worst comes to worst, pick up the Butt Paste diaper rash ointment.

My point is: less is more with glycolic acid. Being reckless can destroy your skin.

You shouldn't leave a cleanser on overnight... try getting the aqua glycolic toner or face cream instead. Or one of the Alpha Hydrox products.

well the ingredients are all non comedogenic and i figured leaving it on longer will give better results so i dunno i think im going to try it because it doesnt burn (the cleanser is only12% glycolic acid, not outrageous like a 50% peel) and it dries fast so.

It's called a cleanser for a reason ;) The cleansing ingredients might cause excessive irritation to your skin if left on overnight -- I personally wouldn't recommend it. There are several AHA creams and glycolic acid lotions that will work better as overnight treatments.

well i did it last night. it didnt irritate my skin at all. im on like my 3rd day of using the aqua glycolic and i got a few new pimples but i think thats normal when using AHA. anyways, im going to continue to use it and leave it on at night and see what happens.

this is very bad to leave on the skin overnight! the surfacant Aluminum lauryl watever is especially bad for skinand a close relative to sls- ok to wash with but please just get a glycolic acid topical if u want a leave-on....

ur small breakout may have even been caused by the irritation of leaving this on overnight.....

yea i am just washing with it now cause i dont like leaving it on at night anymore. by washing with it for about 30 seconds to a minute and then rinsing, does that let the glycolic acid still have time to work the same as if u had a treatment that u left on overnight?

The cleanser is not going to be as POWERFUL as a leave-on, but thats not to say it wont be just a s effective. It could work better for some people because it will be less irritating (working great for me so far).

I like using the cleanser because it allows me to use glycolic acid along with watevr product i want after for combination therapy. I use neutrogena acne stress 3-in-1 leave on with 2% salicylic acid followed by proactive green tea moisturizer at night and just proactive moisturizer w spf in the morning.

well so far i have been using the cleanser for about 5 days now and i am starting to see the effects of glycolic. my left side is completely clear and usually always is, and the right side has 4 pimples. but the texture and color of my skin is awesome now compared to when i was using benzaclin. the thing i hated about benzaclin was that it would clear me up in seriosly like 3-4 days and keep my face clear for about a week/week and a half. but then it would start to get dry and wouldnt be able to keep it clear, and believe me i have been on and off that stuff for about 2 years now. so i wanted to give something else a chance and i think that aqua glycolic is going to be much more consistent in being able to keep me pretty clear, as maintaing healthy skin cells is a better approach i think than just trying to kill off all the bacteria. plus, bacteria is everywhere anyways, and half the time the benzoyl peroxide cant get far enough down into the skin layers. anyways, i am very happy with this as i can see a big improvement in my skin and it hasnt even been a full week yet, and with AHA, i know that the longer u use them, the better your skin will get and the healthier it will look.

well so far i have been using the cleanser for about 5 days now and i am starting to see the effects of glycolic. my left side is completely clear and usually always is, and the right side has 4 pimples. but the texture and color of my skin is awesome now compared to when i was using benzaclin. the thing i hated about benzaclin was that it would clear me up in seriosly like 3-4 days and keep my face clear for about a week/week and a half. but then it would start to get dry and wouldnt be able to keep it clear, and believe me i have been on and off that stuff for about 2 years now. so i wanted to give something else a chance and i think that aqua glycolic is going to be much more consistent in being able to keep me pretty clear, as maintaing healthy skin cells is a better approach i think than just trying to kill off all the bacteria. plus, bacteria is everywhere anyways, and half the time the benzoyl peroxide cant get far enough down into the skin layers. anyways, i am very happy with this as i can see a big improvement in my skin and it hasnt even been a full week yet, and with AHA, i know that the longer u use them, the better your skin will get and the healthier it will look.

i know it only works for a while then stops. im not sure why. its probably because it causes dryness and maybe all that dead skin clogs up pores or something i dont know. irritation maybe to? no idea but im happy with my aqua glycolic right now.

possibly but as of now i only use the aqua glycolic morning and night. if my skin clears up well i will probably use it at night only, but i definetly make sure i wash it off because it seems to work better than when i was leaving it on all night

possibly but as of now i only use the aqua glycolic morning and night. if my skin clears up well i will probably use it at night only, but i definetly make sure i wash it off because it seems to work better than when i was leaving it on all night

i dont really see any difference after 1 week of using it morning and night though.... thats why i went back to my Basis Cleanser, it makes my face real non-oily for hours and a clean feeling, when i use AG i get a bit more oily