Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
!Steven!

Accutane!! eating moisturiser vitamins

heyy started my accutane course yesterday...

I want to no what time of day is the best for taking accutane day or night (im taking it at 10pm every night after a bowl of cereal with milk and eating some nuts aswell) is it right to eat it with the more fatty foods?

Also i have E45 moisturiser to stop me drying out it works good upto now mind you im only on day 2 and am on 20MG aday. I want aveeno ultra calming but cant find good price in the uk.

And also can someone please give me some advice on should i be taking any supplements whilst on accutane eg;- fish oil capsuals or zinc or wateva :)

Thanks

Ste

Check out my log i started it about 1month ago lots of horrible pics:P

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Its-Time-...-D-t169121.html

Hi there. :) Congratulations on starting Accutane, and on beginning it so well by eating a nice bit of fatty food with your dose. The amount you're eating sounds just fine; the Accutane should absorb just fine with that amount.

Regarding supplementation: I'm a firm believer in not supplementing with anything at all that isn't necessary to life or limb while on Accutane. ANY supplement can be hard on the liver. Accutane is necessarily hard on the liver; adding in anything else at all that the liver has to worry about isn't such a good idea.

I'd ask your doctor for supplementation recommendations. I myself...would not take any.

Cheers wynne m8 well it sounds pritty good that im doing things correct:P at also agree that thinking about it accutane should be the only thing i take. And no vitamin supplements ect.

Also Ash sorry to dissapoint you m8:( but Aveeno Ultra Calming spf15 is the best correct?? i need it but am from the uk and need to find somewhere that ships it :)

it doesn't matter what time of day you take the accutane. the moisturizer you use should be fine, but you are going to get very dry while on accutane. make sure you have some chapstick and aquaphor. you shouldn't take any suppliments while on accutane, especially multi vitamins. vitamin e may help though if you want to take it. just avoid anything with vitamin a.

Hi Steven,

My derm prescribes me a big bottle of Aveeno body lotion with my accutane every month. The whole Aveeno range is available in Boots and Superdrug and is quite pricey so the prescription charge works out cheaper.

I haven't tried anything else from the Aveeno range bec I don't need to use a heavy moisturiser on my face as my skin isn't that dry.

The body moisturiser is v good tho - would definately recommend bec my skin is super sensitive and itchy.

xxx

heyy Bucko :D

Erm well cheerrrs:D for the tip <3 basically i have looked all over internet and not even gone in a simple boots or superdrug store... (silly mee)

Anyways mist aswell ask where about liverpool you from? lol small world im from southport you should no where it is:D watch us like no each other in real life or summit :D haha

Are you on accutane btw??

xx

That's why I posted a reply bec I knew you could definately get the range in Lpool.

Also Neutrogena do a really good lipbalm you might want to try.

I'm on my second course of accutane, after a gap of 7 years, and take 75mg a day and I'm coming to the end of my third month on it. Side effects = rubbish!

I have to confess that I'm a woolyback and not actually from Lpool but I work here now.

Might bump into you tho in Boots - you never know!

xxx

considering your from the uk i thought i'd just let you know, for my lips i have been using a cocao butter lip care stick from the body shop. it been working really great for me. i cant leave the house without. vasaline was ok i guess but it looked like i was wearing lip gloss.... not really the ideal look for a lad huh? haaaaa.

considering your from the uk i thought i'd just let you know, for my lips i have been using a cocao butter lip care stick from the body shop. it been working really great for me. i cant leave the house without. vasaline was ok i guess but it looked like i was wearing lip gloss.... not really the ideal look for a lad huh? haaaaa.