Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sam

Dermal filler

Has any1 had this dermal filler called Radiesse for acne scars,if so what was the price per syringe.

How long did the Radiesse last.

I haven't had fillers yet, but the plan is to use Radiesse after subcision when I am finished with my Fraxels, which should be around the end of the year. I just did a subcision after my 2nd Fraxel and I am so far thrilled with the results. I can absolutely see where I will need the Radiesse, but so far, 1 week afterwards the bruising is almost gone and the swelling is minimal if any and I can tell a huge difference! I can't wait to finish up and get Radiesse, which my doc said is the best temporary filler on the market. She said that they claim 2 years, but she said I should plan to re-use every year, though I will use less and less each year. I'd love to hear from any others who have use this filler.

I was looking into this myself but am quite worried about the some of the cases i've read that claim radiesse gets quite hard after a while leaving you with bumps where it was injected, so i've yet to make a decision on this.

Try Restylane or Perlane. Radiesse is better for hard tissue augmentation like cheekbones and chins, not soft tissue like skin. Perlane lasts me the better part of one year. And I need less and less with each visit.

ronRonnie,where do u live and how much was the perlane?

Who did your filler if u live in UK.

Try Restylane or Perlane. Radiesse is better for hard tissue augmentation like cheekbones and chins, not soft tissue like skin. Perlane lasts me the better part of one year. And I need less and less with each visit.

^^^ I live in Oklahoma. I usually pay around $300 a visit, but I also get botox, so maybe I only pay around $150 for the Perlane.

I've never used Restylane, only Perlane and collagen (collagen twice, now ONLY Perlane).

Perlane is just a thicker version of Restylane. It's usually injected deeper then Restylane, but the doctor does inject it somewhat shallow too. I assume she used the same type needle to inject Perlane & Restylane.

I'm lucky. I found a good doctor here in Oklahoma who's pretty affordable. I rarely even think about my skin anymore. Just today, I was painting the outside of one of my houses and caught my reflection in the window. I moved my face around to "find" the scars in the reflection, yet my skin looks GREAT. (and we all know how HORRIBLE window reflections can be.)

Life's too short. Don't worry about what material "lasts longest." Look at it like maintenance. If I didn't work out EVERY week, I'd be all fat and flabby. The same goes with injectables. If you don't maintain your injected scars, eventually they'll start to come back (though in my experience, they never come back as bad.)

***also, it must be noted that I had subcision on my scars twice before (once in dec. 2002, and again in late 2003, but that was it.)

Sam do you know of any good clinics that do restylane or perlane? I'm looking to do this but finding it difficult to pick a clinic. I'd like to get it done by someone who is recommended but it seems not many people are posting about this who have had it done in the uk.

^^^I have/had rolling scars. I believe they are the "easiest" to fix, though they give the skin that horrible undulating appearance.

Guest delta force operators

smooth rolling scars are the easiet to fix couse there is no massive tissue lose like in boxscars or ice pics,

is essence the damage is under the skin, but top layers remain intact.

Sam do you know of any good clinics that do restylane or perlane? I'm looking to do this but finding it difficult to pick a clinic. I'd like to get it done by someone who is recommended but it seems not many people are posting about this who have had it done in the uk.

ey up Sam

interesting what u say about Nick lowe. Sad thing is hes a "celebrity" derm, written a few books and supposedly a highly respectable dermatlogist. Sad to hear hes a moneygrabber. :(

how did u do with collagen injections? how much fill?

ey up Sam

interesting what u say about Nick lowe. Sad thing is hes a "celebrity" derm, written a few books and supposedly a highly respectable dermatlogist. Sad to hear hes a moneygrabber. :(

how did u do with collagen injections? how much fill?