Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wanabeacnefree

Why do people 'just' laugh?

So many people have posted on this website how people just laugh when they talk about their acne problems.

I believe there are two reasons as to why people laugh when we as acne sufferers tell them about our woes.

The first is that they don't see our acne and the second is that they don't understand.

For the first instance, people laugh because they believe we are being vain. The acne we see on ourselves is alot worse than people notice, as our personalities override our looks.

For the second instance, people laugh because as human nature goes...we laugh when we do not understand something.

I believe in the first instance, any other thoughts or comments?

they don't understand the real issue...... failure and facial discomfort.

they still may think its a conversation about cosmetics...

people who didnt have acne and suffered from it both physically and emotionally would never understand..

and them laughing at it is just their way of being polite or plastic about it..

They just don't scrutinize us as much as we scrutinize ourselves.

If we worryingly point out something they don't even see, they laugh.

My mom's done it a few times, but now she knows it's serious to me.

I have no idea what you mean about people laughing at posts? I haven't noticed anybody laughing except me (I've read a quite a bit of posts). I usually laugh at something because I can relate and you know they say the truth is funny. Probably why some comedians have a job.

Also, I don't really see what's so wrong about laughing at things and being able to laugh at yourself sometimes. You don't want to be a serious person 24/7 and have a dark cloud hovering over you.

I have no idea what you mean about people laughing at posts? I haven't noticed anybody laughing except me (I've read a quite a bit of posts). I usually laugh at something because I can relate and you know they say the truth is funny. Probably why some comedians have a job.

Also, I don't really see what's so wrong about laughing at things and being able to laugh at yourself sometimes. You don't want to be a serious person 24/7 and have a dark cloud hovering over you.

everyone in my family tries to tell me some bullshit

"I can barely even see it youre being a bitch about it" lol maybe not compeltely in those words but umm

I HAVE A MIRROR PEOPLE! I understand they are trying to be nice, and dont want me to dwell on my face (thats been the story of my past 6 months, and my family doesnt like my personality anymore..acne has really affected a lot of things about me more than physically) so they say those things, but i hate it cause i know waht they are really thinking

Yeah, what I don't get is that when it comes to other people with blemishes or flaws I really don't tend to notice them, so I can kinda see how others don't notice acne. For instance, my old gf had a scar on her upper from a cleft palatte that made her lip a little crooked. I hardly noticed it at all and to this day she is one of the most atractive girls I've met. I can ignore faults in others, but I still refuse to believe they ignore mine. Heck, it's not even ignoring, because that implies a conscious effort not to notice and really, I just don't notice at all.