Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you want your makeup to do? I want my make up to cover my red marks,take the edge of my oil, cover the blemishes I get and last from six in the morning until at least six at night. I really try to be animal friendly as well but i don't have much to spend and have a fear of the orange faced ladies at makeup counters who keep wanting me to try bronzer (don't like it , don't want it, ta)

What makeup do you love? I have finally found a makeup that i like. Its from a UK company called Funky Fresh (thankyou Iguana). It's mineral makeup and animal friendly.

Pros?Really controls my oil, covers the red stuff and blemishes well, animal friendly, inexpensive, good for my pale skin as I always wear sunscreen but this is added protection.

Cons?none I can think of

Which do you dislike? I don't really like liquid foundation, it made me greasy and usually orange when I really like my make up to look natural.

Perhaps the most important question...does it make you breakout? no

Finally, if it's not too much of a problem, what products do you use daily? In the morning I swipe diluted ACV over my face, apply a little almond oil (bought a new weleda moisturiser to try), sunscreen, then funky freshfoundation in lily, little no shine powder on my forhead and their blush in pinky. On lips I use either badger balm or burts bees. On eyes I apply a little brown pencil and brown mascara (bourjois at moment but want to try Dr Haushka)

At night I do a ninety second dip, cleanse with herbalism by Lush (contains rice vinegar), use my ACV toner and then moisturise with emu oil :redface: and aloe vera (I know, my bad, poor emus but it is a great moisturiser)

What do you want your makeup to do?

Face makeup: Even out my skin tone, smooth my skin texture & camouflage pores, and conceal any current acne & red marks. I also want it to wear well throughout the day with little occurrence of shine & minimal blotting needed.

Other makeup: nice smooth textures that wear well & last, look fun, express my personality, highlight my good features & downplay the negatives

What makeup do you love? Pros? Cons?

I love Everyday Minerals foundation in the int ensive formula. Minimal ingredients that are friendly to my skin, natural looking, light feeling, fast & easy, great coverage & wear. The only cons are that it can be messy to apply (I use a mirror to pour it on & a towel on the counter) and isn't so great for dry skin.

When I do get dry skin or actually want a heavier look, I like Origins Reflection Perfection Mattifying makeup. The con is that it gets shiny faster than my MMU and isn't quite as natural looking. For a liquid it wears great though & does cut down on some shine. It also really smooths out large pores & covers blemishes very well.

MAC makeup for eyeliner (fluid line, liquid last) and lipgloss (tinted lip conditioner in petal pink). Their shadows & blushes are great too. Their makeup wears so well & the colors are so vibrant.

Benefit Eye Bright :wub:. If I just wear mascara but want to highlight & brighten my eyes quickly & easily, this is the stuff. It's totally fool-proof.

Which do you dislike?

I tried MAC Studio Finish concealer in the past. The pro is that it covers very well & lasts well, the con is that it seemed to make my acne worse. I used it to cover breakouts & the pimples got worse & spread like wildfire.

Loreal foundations - I've used several & they cover well and don't seem to make my acne worse, but they feel so heavy & gunky by the time you get enough coverage, and they slide off my face like goopy cake mix...ew.

Shiseido Accentuating Color Stick - makes me look flushed in a bad way and I swear it made my cheeks break out. What a waste of $30.

Benefit Dr. Feelgood - gunky, waxy goop that flakes off your face & also seems to make shine worse later, even if it temporarily mattifys.

Perhaps the most important question...does it make you breakout?

My current makeup has been great for my skin, so no.

Finally, if it's not too much of a problem, what products do you use daily?

Cetaphil facewash

Jojoba oil (if dry/flaky)

2.5% BP (at night tretinoin & clindamycin)

Lac-Hydrin Five moisturizer

Everyday Minerals Pure Silk Dust

Everyday Minerals intensive foundation in Olive Fair

Everyday Minerals concealer in Light Intensive

Benefit Eye Bright

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara in rich black

Everything else (blush, lipcolor, any eyeshadow) varies depending on my mood & what I am wearing. I always use some blush/bronzer and lipgloss/lipstick though.

I love MAC. I have a hard time finding the right colors for my skin tone, and MAC just makes it easy. And it covers really well. As for breakouts, as long as I wash my face, I'm good. But, if I'm tired after being out all night, and I end up falling asleep in my makeup instead of washing it off, I break out bad. But I am in the process of looking for new makeup, that covers just as well.

My purpose for makeup is probably just the same as anyone else's. To cover up blemishes and scarring from blemishes... and to just have the look of smooth, clear skin. Works for the most part.

umm.. and the products I use daily.

purpose gentle cleanser

just started using the bp gel

neutrogena healthy skin moisturizer

Mac concealer

Mac studio fix compact powder

I can't decide whether or not makeup is making me break out? I just read The Snow Queen's thread under the Mild and Moderate Acne Forum and she stated that products that say "non-comedogenic", "oil-free" and and "won't clog pores" can basically just be lying since they're not regulated. This is going to make the makeup aisle look like even more of a jungle!

As a result, I wanted to know what I could use for my acne-prone skin. I realized, however, that (duh) I'm not the only one who has this problem. So, I'm interested in what makeup those with acne-prone skin are using, for the benefit of everyone. I know a lot of people here love EM (shout out to the cult! haha) and Colorstay is pretty popular, too. There are a lot of makeup products out there though, so...!

What do you want your makeup to do? Cover my blemishes, not shine through, perfect color match

What makeup do you love? Everyday Minerals

Pros? Good color match, lasts,

Cons? Shipping charges, have to order online, waiting for it

Which do you dislike? Most liquid and cream makeups; cause me to breakout; too oily for me

Perhaps the most important question...does it make you breakout? No

I like my makeup to look natural and even out my skintone. I also like it to provide some coveraage. I don't like anything heavy and cakey.

I love love love Laura Mercier makeup! I'm addicted to their products. I use their oil-free moisturizer, blush...all their face makeup. I find their stuff doesn't break me out (crossing my fingers).

Makeup I hate: MAC powders and blushes. They are so thick and cakey, IMO. They also broke me out. Their lipsticks and eye makeup is good.

Any primer makes my skin look generally bad and makes me break out.

Clinique anything, except their sunblock (city) but I don't need that because it's in my LM.

Mineral makeup - it makes me itch - I think I'm allergic to it. I also think a lighter product, that isn't powder, is better for covering my big pores.

LM makeup doesn't make me break out. I finally found a line that works for me!

I have thankfully gotten to where I have just a few stubborn pimples and cysts. So the biggest thing I need is something to even out the tone. I have redmarks and dark splotches.

What makeup do you love?

Since I have rediculously sensitive skin in most areas I am a big fan of all of the Almay products. The two I use the most are the anti-persperant and the Line Smoothing foundation.

http://www.almay.com/pg/main/catcol.aspx?c...Dry&col=223

Pros?

Since it's line smoothing it has a pretty good moisture content. Just after washing my face I put on Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. I allow that to soak in and dry. Just before I put on my makeup I dab more of the same morsturizer various places on my face. (but don't rub it in). I then put the make-up on which creates a nice thin covering layer as it combines with the dabs of moisturizer. My skin looks and feels great all day!

http://www.cleanandclear.com/productDetail...;productpos=700

Cons?

Like all foundation it feels a little sludgy without the moisturizer.

Which do you dislike?

I've been through a ton, but they all seem to either be cakey, greasy, or dulling.

NOPE! Almay is the only make-up I have found that doesn't make me break out. I've tried several of their formulations. I didn't change due to breakouts, just trying to find the best coverage for my skin. However I do try to leave at least 1 day each week that I go without makeup which is much easier now that it's more under control.

My morning routine is simply to wash with Cetaphil (recommended by the derm) and then follow the steps above to apply my make-up.

In the evening I wash with Cetaphil use CeraVe moisturizer (recommended by the derm) then apply Differin gel 0.3% and after it dries I put on Mimyx Cream (a prescription hydrator).

I am also on Nicomide (vitamins), Yaz (birth control), Solodyn (antibiotic), and Spirinolactone. All from the derm.

Hope this helps.

I can't decide whether or not makeup is making me break out? I just read The Snow Queen's thread under the Mild and Moderate Acne Forum and she stated that products that say "non-comedogenic", "oil-free" and and "won't clog pores" can basically just be lying since they're not regulated. This is going to make the makeup aisle look like even more of a jungle!

As a result, I wanted to know what I could use for my acne-prone skin. I realized, however, that (duh) I'm not the only one who has this problem. So, I'm interested in what makeup those with acne-prone skin are using, for the benefit of everyone. I know a lot of people here love EM (shout out to the cult! haha) and Colorstay is pretty popular, too. There are a lot of makeup products out there though, so...!

Which do you dislike?

This is a great thread.

What do you want your makeup to do? - Evens out my skintone, hide imperfections, enhance my features, makeup has to stay matte the whole day

What makeup do you love? - Artistry Flawless Coverage Powder Foundation, Clinique Airbrush concealer, Clinique Quickliner For Eyes, MAC Pro Lash, Clinique Superfine Liners For Brows.

Pros - Doesn't make me breakout, the foundation evens out my skintone perfectly. It doesn't look like I apply any makeup at all but still manages to make me look pretty and energetic.

Cons - Its super expensive. The brands I use are not cheap at all, they cost a whooping lot of $$$$, cost at least $30 and above for each, no less. The foundation itself cost me $59.

Which do you dislike - Those cheap makeup. I bought it because I was broke and not only does it look crappy, it clogged my pores. Any liquid foundations- I tried a lot but none worked out in the end. It can get really messy and when I sweat, it gets cakey, sticky and greasy.

Perhaps the most important question...does it make you breakout? - Nope it doesn't, otherwise I wouldn't be using it in the first place.

Finally, if it's not too much of a problem, what products do you use daily? - It's in my sig and the makeup I mentioned above.

Oni, you cant just go by whether or not it says if its noncomedogenic and oil free or not. They actually can and do lie. Its a business and they are trying to make money. Most importantly, you have to look at the ingredients first

I use it to even out my blotchy skin tone, cover my pesky undereye circles, and of course cover any blemishes. Any foundation or concealer needs to look natural as well.

For foundation, I swear by MAC Studio Fix powder foundation.

-Pros: Complete coverage without looking caked, gives a nice dewy appearance to the skin, stays on the skin for hours.

-Cons: You have to be slightly careful about overapplying this product. I apply it with a kabuki brush.

As for concealer, I use Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector. It doesn't set in to fine lines, covers blemishes completely, and features a highlighter perfect for covering undereye circles and making your face glow. There are no Cons for this product whatsoever.

Which do you dislike?

Any foundation by Covergirl or Neutrogena. Period. Also, liquid foundation does not go well with my oily skin.

None of the makeup I use now has ever been a problem for my acne, but then again my face can tolerate almost anything. Many of my friends with acne-prone skin use the MAC Studio Fix too though, and it's never given them a problem either. :D

What products do you use daily?

My morning routine:

-Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser

-Lemon juice as a toner

-Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Treatment

-Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion

-MAC Studio Fix powder foundation

-Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector

-MAC eyeshadow

-Revlon Colorstay eyeliner / Covergirl Outlast Smoothwear eyeliner

Hope I helped! :dance:

Which do you dislike?