Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catty

Dry spot areas

You know how when you have big spots and you've spot treated them so much that they start peeling and becoming dry and scabby? How do I cover this with make up? Please help, it really gets me down :( Thank you in advance

Ugh. You are not alone! I completely know what you're talking about. They can make makeup look horrible and gross.

What I try to do is exfoliate and then extra-moisturize that dry spot. And ok, this is probably really bad and you probably shouldn't do it, but if I have pieces of dry skin that look like they are about to flake off I will take tweezers and just take them off so that area is smoother. But if you do that, make sure you only peel the skin that is ready to come off.

Other than that, I try to tap on concealer or foundation really lightly as not to disturb the dry skin hahah.

Thank you for the tips my dear, exfoliating and extra moisturising the area sounds like a good idea. I've found myself using tweezers of bits of dry skin too!

I got a tip one time that you can dab a little vaseline on it before concealing it. I know it sounds a little weird but you could give it a try.

Better then vaseline would be Olive oil. I put some on every night before going to bed... its beautiful.

Before bed I moisturised my face with a couple of drops of olive oil (nothing fancy, just stores own brand).

More details: Here is my little routine with olive oil. I rub a good amount into my freshly washed face before going to bed. I massage the oil in pretty well, paying special attention to my dry and red spots. It feels so comforting being as some face washes make my skin feel tight. When I wake up my face is a little oily as to be expected, but it feels great. I rub a little more oil on my face before getting into the shower, and the let the steam get to work. At the end of my shower I wash my face with Basis face wash, or something grainy in texture for a real treat. It works so magically. When I go to put on my makeup after this, it goes on wonderfully, and my skin feels smooth and soft all day. My skin is glowing, and I don't mean in an oily way. But I do have oily skin and I believe that the olive oil is helping.

For the body it feels great to put the oil on dry skin before taking a bath/shower. Then using a wash cloth and water to exfoliate your skin.

T