Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
and1

Immunoglobulin

About 3 years ago my Secretory Immunoglobulin A (SIgA) was 0.

Later I found out I had celiac and apparently it is common with celiac to have depressed IgA.

Yes, my IgA was non-detectable and at one time I was diagnosed with gluten intolerance. I have been off gluten as well as dairy and other foods I'm allergic to for well over a year now and I assume that my levels have gone up, but I'm not sure. I did some research awhile back and learned that colostrum supplements raise secretory IgA levels as well as the hormone progesterone. I did feel better while using colostrum but once I quit working at the vitamin store it became expensive to keep up with...I still use natural progesterone cream but don't know what effect it has had on my IgA levels

Also want to add that low IgA levels make us more susceptable to infections, parasites, and dental problems, so beware...

My Immunoglobulin A was 30 and it should be within 200 and 400. So my goal is to increase it, because it is important to fight parasites and stuff that I have had problems with. I have now done some research on Immunoglobulin A.

How can you increase Immunoglobulin A?

- after singing in a choir people have on average increased Immunoglobulin A levels by 240%

- glutamine 10 to 20g a day

- laughing increases your levels drastically, watch half an hour of comedy a day

- sport

I would love to find out more ways to increase Immunoglobulin A, but info on the net is very limited. Furthermore I would like to find out where exactly Immunoglobulin A is produced. Is there any correlation to the hormone balance that the liver tries to maintain? I imagine that once I have flushed my liver clean Immunoglobulin A might increase too?!

By the way: I read if you have Immunoglobulin A levels that are lower than 5 you will react allergic to blood transfusions, so be careful.

i read somewhere that someone taking colostrum for 2 weeks cleared them. i have some and started using it a month ago but someone said it was full of hormones. it has yet to be used.

i read somewhere that someone taking colostrum for 2 weeks cleared them. i have some and started using it a month ago but someone said it was full of hormones. it has yet to be used.

It was Vitamin shoppe colostrum 500 mg - 1 pill a day.

not sure about the Igg percent. the more of that, the more pricy.

oh and not sure about immunoglobulin levels either.