Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

how can people have such shitty eatting habits, smoke, drink excessively and still have PERFECT skin. really wtf. I'm so tired of it. Is this some bad karma? having acne has crippled my already fragile self esteem. It's soo hard being a girl when perfection is so pushed. Don't get me wrong it's just as hard being a guy but common now look at any magazine stand or go down a cosmetic isle, every where i turn i feel soo inadequate. I'm tired of doing things to try to hide my acne and going out of my way sometimes to be unnoticed. loneliness hurts. bad.

I feel ya.

That's exactly why I stopped watching television. It's the reason you literally could not pay me to pick up a womans magazine either. (not that it fixes everything, but it helps)

:comfort:

arwww. I'd just like to say that not all guys are mainstream, its not like every guy out there is attracted to the same type of woman,the type that you see in magazines n stuff. Thats like a stereotype. A lot of guys see other aspects of women that go way beyond looks, and whats good looking to one person may not be to another n vice versa.

you're right Lavina, it isn't fair, everything we do seems to result in a breakout, whether its

Diet

Sleep

The products we use

Hot weather/Cold weather

Interaction with animals

Touching our face

Masturbation

Sex

Alcohol

Drugs

Looking at a picture of a Squirell

All this and more (well except the last one, i just thought i'd inject a little humour in here, laughter always makes things better ;) ) are deciding factors in our lives, i'm sure a lot of you (myself included) have to avoid certain temptations everyday simply because we know it will piss our skin off, it's a bit like trying to cater for a serial killer with bipolar disorder, constantly having to watch whatever you do, living in constant fear something is going to set it off and you'll reap all the lovely side effects.

And just to rub salt in the wound, we watch our friends / partners / sibling / enemies etc. living incredibly carefree lives and enjoying better skin than we could possibly imagine, just watch as they down pint after pint of gorgeous beautiful beer, but you can't have any, it'll break you out....

Now it's 3am and you're leaving the club, you can feel your skin is getting bumpy, probably because you haven't washed your face since this morning and you're just itching to get home and wash it to avoid further damage, your friends don't seem to have that worry, infact; they're just gone in the Kebab Shop, they're drunk and singing and they're asking the sweaty Greek guy behind the counter for all the food you wish you could eat, perhaps they'll let you eat their salad, besides, it would only break you out more.

Wake up the next morning and see your friends there passed out in a peaceful slumber, inspect their faces for any blemishes, your face is covered and you hardly drank a thing last night, you didn't smoke anything, you ate healthily - in hindsight it was an incredibly boring night - so why is it their skin looks as perfect now as it did last night? How can that possibly make sense, what is wrong with me?

One of my worst memories of Teenage life was going to my friends party, we was all in the garden and someone had a camera and took a picture of us all together.

Out of i'd say, 18 people, i was the only one with acne, and the photo wasn't even a close up, i looked so grotesque and everyone else was smiling and being happy, "what a great injustice this is to me" i thought "I've not done anything in my life bad enough to deserve this"

That was 5 years ago, whilst i've managed to tame my skin, i still have to take meticulous care of it, none of my friends do and they've always asked me why i take my regimen shit with me everytime i'm staying over at someones.

I was robbed of a fair portion of my life because of my skin, never going out, never dating girls, just staying at home and doing very little, was stuck there for about 2 years when skin was at its worst, don't think i'll ever forgive myself for wasting those days, but at the same time i won't ever forget just how crippling the experience truly was, it still haunts me now

Whoa this has been a big rant, to cut a long story short, it's not fair, but then again life isn't fair, it's not fair children are starving in Ethiopia, it's not fair thousands are dying in Iraq in what is an extremely pointless war, it's not fair Justin Lee Collins is on the Television, it's not fair Jermain Defoe cannot break into the England National Football squad, it's not fair Dr.Dre can use the word "nigger" countless times on his albums but when i use it at my nephews football match i'm asked to leave the pitch, it's not fair Paul McCartney has to give Heather Mills 70 odd million pound considering she did absolutely fuck all to earn it, it's not fair Michael Douglas can have sex with Catherine Zeta jones, the list is endless and really our skin unfortunately pales in comparison to the rest of the world :boohoo:

^ Hahahah, great post to the fella above!

I agree on all points besides the JD bit. Bugger that, he'll get you about 8 GREAT goals a season then fade away for the rest. Crouch, Rooney, Owen and Nugent all the way!

To all the girls,

I agree with weedman that many guys are not necessarily attracted to the Silhouette Girl image you see on truck's mudflaps. As it is, mannequin girls have some sex appeal (I'll be honest) but little to no relationship appeal.

A guy will see a girl like that and briefly say "Nice body!" but a few hours later he forgets she exists. When a guy meets a girl with real character and personality, she's the one he dreams about.

And by the way, it is not all or nothing beauty. You don't have to be a "perfect ten" to register on a guy's romance radar.

^ Hahahah, great post to the fella above!

I agree on all points besides the JD bit. Bugger that, he'll get you about 8 GREAT goals a season then fade away for the rest. Crouch, Rooney, Owen and Nugent all the way!

:lol: i do have a certain freakish appeal.

Going back to the OP, i always felt weird whenever i had a girl stayover and i would end up spending more time in the bathroom than they would, used to think that was rather unfair, and also if i woke up and having a bad skin day, not being able (well you can but its unconventional) cover up with foundation or anything, then the missus would wake up and slap on a bit of make up and look perfect, not that they even need it anyway as their skin's usually always better than mine.

I had to find out the hard way, i was a young 12 year old boy and was in my local newsagents and innocently spotted "Squirrel Monthly" Magazine on the shelf, intrigued i read it and saw hundreds of pictures of the bastards, my face was never the same again :(

Together though we can beat acne.

http://www.deadsquirrel.com/

Death to Squirrel's!

He IS hot, and I think that places me on the lowest rung of the Sad Internet Bastard heirachy for fancying someone on an internet forum.

Tell me about it love! I don't want to be a girl any more, I'd willingly trade my boobs for a penis so I can wee standing up and do other manly things. I'm fed up of my incessant feud with wanting to look perfect, when I know that even if this bloody drug works and I clear up, I'm always going to look in the mirror and think that my hair looks crap and my eyes are the wrong shape. Although I'm sure if I were a guy I'd still be a mental trainwreck, so maybe not. But I would really like a penis.

He IS hot, and I think that places me on the lowest rung of the Sad Internet Bastard heirachy for fancying someone on an internet forum.

Sorry Calibos, I shouldn't have implied that guys are better off. Grass is always greener and all that. Oooh I remember that advert now! Imagine if the genders were reversed, angry feminists everywhere would be biting their own arms off in rage and then beating the nearest men to death with their severed limbs.

Well done for overcoming your BDD! I mean that too, it's a bloody miserable thing. I just drink copious amounts of red wine and pretend I look hot, that usually does the trick.

how can people have such shitty eatting habits, smoke, drink excessively and still have PERFECT skin. really wtf. I'm so tired of it. Is this some bad karma? having acne has crippled my already fragile self esteem. It's soo hard being a girl when perfection is so pushed. Don't get me wrong it's just as hard being a guy but common now look at any magazine stand or go down a cosmetic isle, every where i turn i feel soo inadequate. I'm tired of doing things to try to hide my acne and going out of my way sometimes to be unnoticed. loneliness hurts. bad.

I had to find out the hard way, i was a young 12 year old boy and was in my local newsagents and innocently spotted "Squirrel Monthly" Magazine on the shelf, intrigued i read it and saw hundreds of pictures of the bastards, my face was never the same again :(

Together though we can beat acne.

http://www.deadsquirrel.com/

Death to Squirrel's!