Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShootfortheMoon

Many, many ?'s about Honey/Aspirin Mask

I just started using the honey/asprin mask yesterday late at night. I mixed the honey and the dissolved aspirin together, put it on my face, and washed it off in 10 minutes. My skin looked and felt great afterwards!! :surprised: But I do have a number of questions about using the mask.

1. Aspirin can be harmful to the stomach if you take too much. Is leaving three crushed pills on my face for 10 minutes bad for me?

2. I've heard of adding yogurt, oatmeal, cinnamon, and apple cider vinegar. Do any of these warrant inclusion in the mask?

3. Aspirin can be used as an exfoliant. Should I still exfoliate with Baking Soda in the same day?

4. Is 10 minutes too little..... or too much for aspirin to be on my face?

5. Can I do another mask in the same day? I like the egg mask for reviving my face and the aspirin honey mask for diminishing acne and red marks.

6. Would Buffered Aspirin (the type that doesn't hurt your stomach) be more useful than regular aspirin?

7. Am I asking too many questions? :D

Thank you if you decide to help clear my confusion!!

I just started using the honey/asprin mask yesterday late at night. I mixed the honey and the dissolved aspirin together, put it on my face, and washed it off in 10 minutes. My skin looked and felt great afterwards!! :surprised: But I do have a number of questions about using the mask.

1. Aspirin can be harmful to the stomach if you take too much. Is leaving three crushed pills on my face for 10 minutes bad for me?

2. I've heard of adding yogurt, oatmeal, cinnamon, and apple cider vinegar. Do any of these warrant inclusion in the mask?

3. Aspirin can be used as an exfoliant. Should I still exfoliate with Baking Soda in the same day?

4. Is 10 minutes too little..... or too much for aspirin to be on my face?

5. Can I do another mask in the same day? I like the egg mask for reviving my face and the aspirin honey mask for diminishing acne and red marks.

6. Would Buffered Aspirin (the type that doesn't hurt your stomach) be more useful than regular aspirin?

7. Am I asking too many questions? :D

Thank you if you decide to help clear my confusion!!

1-Aspirin is barely absorbed through the skin compared to the stomach. No worries about 3 pill for 10 mins

2-Add anything you like just depends on what you want. Yogurt is for lactic acid, honey is a moisturizer & antibacterial, oatmeal is soothing cinnamon is an exfoliator and antibacterial and apple cider vinger is used by many many people to face redness but can be harsh on skin

3- Aspirin can be used as an exfoliant but be gentle, the pieces are rough and it drys out your skin. And no, do NOT use baking soda in the same day. Baking soda is even more drying. Use one or the other and don't exfoliate more than 3 times a week at MAX

4-10 mins is fine. I usually just wait until it dries, so whenever that is

5-I suppose you can do more than one mask in a day but, mix it together and save yourself some time.

6-Non coated aspirin is best because it dissolves best. It will not hurt your stomach.

Final note: If you're using a BP product, use baking soda instead and stay away from aspirin. Aspirin is pure Salicyclic Acid and makes the BP not work. They cancel each other out. I did this mask twice and got 4 cysts. I use baking soda now and no problems.

Good luck.