Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HU4ROLLZ

Breaking out after shaving v. help

I break out a lot after I shave. ie, along the jaw line, cheeks, and neck. Now since I break out, I usually hold off on shaving. My friend was telling me though, that I should start shaving everyday and that my skin will get used to it. My question is this: Will the facial regimen help with the breakouts I get after shaving?

*note: I seem to breakout in the same exact spots each time I shave.

I break out a lot after I shave. ie, along the jaw line, cheeks, and neck. Now since I break out, I usually hold off on shaving. My friend was telling me though, that I should start shaving everyday and that my skin will get used to it. My question is this: Will the facial regimen help with the breakouts I get after shaving?

*note: I seem to breakout in the same exact spots each time I shave.

Anyone? :(

heya, the best thing to do is shave everyday in the morning after washing your face, the longer you wait the more irratating it is so once a day in the morning is best. Use a good razor the best is one with 3 blades more than that is too much, the best to use is gillette sensor, is really sharp and will minimize irratation.

Use BumpPatrol on your neck after shaving. The irritation on your neck is probably ingrown hairs. Mine looks identical to acne, but after being told to look close, you can see the dark hairs under the skin. I use tweezers to remove them if I get any, which I don't from the BumpPatrol.

hey bro,

i don't know about shaving every day. i always have to shave over pimples, and they scab. shaving every day would mean i'd have to shave off the scabs and it'd probly never look good.

sometime, you should try apple cider vinegar (acv) for your aftershave. after your shower, shave as usual, and then just splash the vinegar like any other aftershave. it stings a bit, but so would alcohol, so that's not a big deal

the vinegar kicks ass for my skin. yours might not be the same, but hey it's worth a try, especially since nothing else is working, right?

BUT, if you use acv as your aftershave, i recommend shaving at night and then using it. cuz you might not like the smell. the smell goes away, but you might be paranoid to go out in public, thinkin people could smell you.

I prefer to use a razor blade, but I also own an electric shaver. When I started the regiment (a few days ago) I had 2 or 3 pimples along where my facial hair grows so I'd shave my face with the electric shaver since that doesn't destroy existing acne. After shaving, I'd follow the regiment

Now, those pimples have faded away and no new pimples have shown up, so I can shave my entire face with a razer. The important thing to remember is not to apply too much pressure. I used to press down on my skin when shaving, and I realize now that's not even necessary and I get just as close of a shave when lightly gliding the razer over my face. If you're using a good razor (I use disposables) and adequate shaving cream you shouldn't have to apply ANY pressure. Literally, I'm barely grasping the razer in my hand, and mainly let it fall along my face (if you're shaving daily, this is easy to do and there's no irritation)

I'm guessing you're breaking out after you shave because you're 1) applying too much pressure, 2) using bad razer / shaving cream, 3) bad after-shave routine

After shaving, look at Dan's regiment for what to do next

Moisturizer is a great thing to apply after shaving if you're not on the regiment and don't have the supplies

good point ligyron!

do NOT apply too much pressure. they say you shouldn't apply any pressure. just let it slide down your cheek. but that takes practice...just go slow