Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tegra

starting my 4th month..

hey everyone im starting my 4th month of accutane on 80mgs a day....and im 19 years old..

so far i only see mild improvements right now....my skin has gotten smoother and i dont brake out as much anymore. BUT...all my old pimples are taking sooo long to go away, i have had this one on my left cheek for 2 months now..its been so long that i dont even kno if its a pimple anymore! i dont kno why but im only braking out on my left cheek?? and also i have these spots on my arms...they look like dry spots and there a lighter colour then my normal skin tone?? can anyone plz help mee out here....this acne is taking over my life.

You're only breaking out on your left cheek because you sleep on that side.

Your dry spots are lighter because dry skin regenerates faster. Use a moisturizer.

You're in a similar position to me.

I'm on month 2 (1st month of full dose on 80mg) and I'm not improving. I'm the same as you, don't get as many new whiteheads but the old ones are taking LONG to go away! Seems this drug makes you scar easier and red marks take longer to go away. I have a few scars on my arm and they aren't healing as quickly as before.

i just finished my 4th mth and i would have flares before a certain time of the month and horrible cysts but for the first time i didn't have any this month.... It may be the same for you or at least i hope so.

So i didn't see any changes till the end of the 4th month

It was the same with me...I only seen improvement by the end of month 4. This doesn't mean my skin is clear. I'm a long way off.

So....sit tight and wait it out! You'll see results over the next few months. :)