Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dancedd

honey on face?

Hey,

Has anyone tried putting on honey on their face as a mask or something? I remember when I was 10 (before acne days), I got this allergic reaction on my face from painting my face at school. My grandma put honey on my face. I think it was for a couple hours or overnight. I don't remember now. But the next day my face was like 50% less red and inflamed. Obviously I am not looking for honey as acne cure but maybe as an addition to my healthy diet and lifestyle :D

I use a honey mask at least once a weak. I try to get it in every 3 days. It is actually a aspirin /honey mask. I love it. Makes my face soft and smooth to the touch :)

If you really want the honey to heal your face you should probably find some that is unpasturized. The healing properties of honey are destroyed in the process.

yes, i use manuka honey as a spot treatment at night if i see a new pimple forming. im finding it to be very effective killing off the zit, or at least preventing it from becoming very inflamed. healing is much quicker. manuka honey = BP for me

It would be so weird for me to put honey on my face...but I'm considering trying it, since it seems to work well! :D

So, you just put a band-aid over the spot and let it sit?

Oh and one more question - does anyone know like why honey works? Like what are the properties or processes it does to help the pimple?

Thanks for any help and I might try this soon! :]]

I use a manuka honey face mask overnight every night at the moment. It really helps my acne heal, and I've found it to be more effective than BP, AHAs and SA. Make sure the activity level is at least 10.

What is the best kind of honey to use on pimples. I actually have one and a half containers of honey that is used for tea. Would that work?

What is the best kind of honey to use on pimples. I actually have one and a half containers of honey that is used for tea. Would that work?

The best honey is manuka honey. All honey is anti-bacterial, but manuka honey has an extra level of anti-bacterial properties because of as-yet-unidentified agents in the honey. Your honey will work, but manuka honey will work better.

Manuka honey is from New Zealand. It's arguably the most famous honey in the world.

This site will give you some basic information.

http://www.manukahoney.co.uk/

You can buy it online; just google it. Comvita manuka honey is considered a reliable, quality maunka honey by many people.

If you buy some, make sure you get an activity level of 10. Activity levels represent the anti-bacterial activity when compared to phenol solution i.e. a UMF (unique manuka factor) of 10 is equivalent to a 10% phenol solution. The higher, the better. It is expensive though.

Manuka honey is from New Zealand. It's arguably the most famous honey in the world.

This site will give you some basic information.

http://www.manukahoney.co.uk/

You can buy it online; just google it. Comvita manuka honey is considered a reliable, quality maunka honey by many people.

If you buy some, make sure you get an activity level of 10. Activity levels represent the anti-bacterial activity when compared to phenol solution i.e. a UMF (unique manuka factor) of 10 is equivalent to a 10% phenol solution. The higher, the better. It is expensive though.

I was just making a statement. Sorry I wasnt in the mood to look up a site myself. Im not in a very good mood. Its 8:22 here and I slept like crap because I am stressed out about somethign that happened at work yesterday.

As a New Zealander, i can tell you that Manuka Honey is the shit. To eat, and for antibacterial properties. Try it!