Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nrg

murad regimen not working?

From looking over pictures I've taken before starting murad; I've notice that it's much more worst. My whole nose area is clear tho and not as red anymore, same with my upper cheeks. but around my lower cheeks and jaw lines, I would get pustules pimple. Each day i wake up finding a new one.

The first month i saw a small change in my face. Been using it since april. I would wash at night (12am) then when i wake up, wash up again (11am). Then about a month ago, I've notice how easy i would get a pustules pimple.

Did my face just get immune to this murad stuff? I've cut down to washing once a day now.

I've held my face in warm water a few times before cleaning, just to soften up the face.

Also been using tea tree oil in some red spots; this stuff really does work for me. But could it be the answer to the pustules pimples?

oh yea, picked up Zeno last week; been using it and dont see it working at all.

I have a dermatologist appointment on oct 11th.

thanks.

I actually purchased the Murad Acne Complex Kit after seeing the infomercial for it. Once it arrived I quickly changed my mind when I read various bad, and some even frightening reviews about it doing more harm than good. I returned mine and never did even give it a try. As for the Zeno I also bought that in the past and it doesn't get much use if any. I know this may not be much help but in my experience the Zeno wasn't helpful to my skin and Murad scared me off. Good luck!

I've recently been using Murad's Moisturising Blemish Gel - I have noticed no improvement and in fact my skin has too got worse. I've stopped using it now.

From looking over pictures I've taken before starting murad; I've notice that it's much more worst. My whole nose area is clear tho and not as red anymore, same with my upper cheeks. but around my lower cheeks and jaw lines, I would get pustules pimple. Each day i wake up finding a new one.

The first month i saw a small change in my face. Been using it since april. I would wash at night (12am) then when i wake up, wash up again (11am). Then about a month ago, I've notice how easy i would get a pustules pimple.

Did my face just get immune to this murad stuff? I've cut down to washing once a day now.

I've held my face in warm water a few times before cleaning, just to soften up the face.

Also been using tea tree oil in some red spots; this stuff really does work for me. But could it be the answer to the pustules pimples?

oh yea, picked up Zeno last week; been using it and dont see it working at all.

I have a dermatologist appointment on oct 11th.

thanks.

Murad is in the trash. after compairing the pics from before and after, my face has been worst. Time to order Dan's regimen for the mean time

Before (april 07):

After (today):

Before (april 07):

After (today):

=(

I really hope this is all fixable. I really wished i did more research at that time.

thanks for the replies.

it broke my sister out bad. bad. big cysts. she thought it was bringing the acne to the surface, so she stuck w/ it. for over half a year, it kept givin her cysts. she stopped and guess what? yup! cysts gone

I tried the Murad kit as well, with high hopes, boy was I stupid.

My skin turned out so much worse and it's taking forever to correct those damages [ Slowly but surely my skin is coming back along though, which I am VERY thankful for. ]

I suggest stopping with Murad and finding another cleanser until you see your dermatologist, I used the Dove bar soap with 1/4 moisturizer, and tea tree oil until I was able to find a suitable cleanser. I don't think we have a dermatologist around here but I'm looking into getting an appointment even if I have to go a little ways, Murad pretty much ruined my skin. :(

Murad products contain quite a few potentially irritating ingredients - some of their products contain menthol, which is definitely a skin irritant. Their moisturizer and cleanser also have lots of different types of citrus extracts (orange, lime, lemon) - all of which are potential skin irritants. You have to watch out for those "natural" ingredients that may sound harmless (or maybe even seem beneficial) to the skin, but that are really quite irritating for the skin. Increased irritation can then lead to a flare up of inflamed acne.