Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

How can I hookup with someone way better looking than me?

:/... being rejected is probably one of my worse fears along with heights :)

I was scared of rejection all my school years and having acne didn't exactly help,

I'm a junior is high school now.. & I have never had a girlfriend. x_x

I know that you have to be funny but a lot of times in conversations I just don't know what to say.. this one time a girl told me that I was really quiet, but when I hang out with

my friends I'm very talkative

If you saw the new movie Superbad, the main characters weren't what you

would call "hot", but they got some beautiful girls in the end..

what can I do about meeting girls? this is probably my worst

"field"... like in school when you goto a new class you see new faces I

have a hard time talking and meeting girls this way..

most of the girls I know, I know them through friends :/

What are some ways to keep an funny & interesting conversation with a girl?

i know this has been said before and would sound cliche,.. just be yourself my friend.. not the self that is conscious about his skin but the one that you are on the inside.. and people will see who you really are..

i know this has been said before and would sound cliche,.. just be yourself my friend.. not the self that is conscious about his skin but the one that you are on the inside.. and people will see who you really are..

Ok, well coming from a girl who's a sophomore in high school, I would say do the following:

- Smile at her when talking to her.

- Try to catch her eye once or twice and smile, but DON'T stare.

- Strike up a genuine, natural conversation - it can be about anything (homework, school, what class do you have, a compliment like "You're good at art!" or whatever fits).

- When I like a guy, I'm slightly sarcastic/teasing and some of my friends are like that too, so that could mean something.

- Walk her to class if you can.

- Don't try being a "cool, badass" dude. Most girls I know don't dig that.

- Be yourself.

:D Oh yeah - and looks aren't everything. Far from it, actually. So don't make it an aim to hook up with someone solely on attractiveness, find out about their personality too.

:)

Ok, well coming from a girl who's a sophomore in high school, I would say do the following:

- Smile at her when talking to her.

- Try to catch her eye once or twice and smile, but DON'T stare.

- Strike up a genuine, natural conversation - it can be about anything (homework, school, what class do you have, a compliment like "You're good at art!" or whatever fits).

- When I like a guy, I'm slightly sarcastic/teasing and some of my friends are like that too, so that could mean something.

- Walk her to class if you can.

- Don't try being a "cool, badass" dude. Most girls I know don't dig that.

- Be yourself.

:D Oh yeah - and looks aren't everything. Far from it, actually. So don't make it an aim to hook up with someone solely on attractiveness, find out about their personality too.

:)

hmm I've tried that a lot of times but it just doesn't work..

I'm pretty shy around people I haven't talked to and the shyness just

brings me downer... in classes when everyone is calling out answers

I would always be the one person trying not to be called out... :(

how can I overcome being shy?

well im 19 and i havent had a girlfriend or a date. <==hope that makes you feel a lil better lols

another thing that can make you feel better, just today I saw this out of shape geek dork loser with a pretty decent sophisticated girlfriend, and I was like "Hell NAWWW" and then I got more confident right away and I cant wait to start my 2nd year of college with this attitude and get a girlfriend.

Also let me just say high school relationships don't exactly work out. So ask yourself what your really looking for. Some dates here and there, some dances, and prom.

Just don't make a mistake like i did in senior year, a hot girl asked me to the prom. For some reason at the time, I didnt wanna belivee her, and I kinda never thought about going to prom, it never crossed my mind until she asked me. I didnt wanna say yes immedietly, I actually never said anything and the convo died out. The thing is she never asked me face to face officially, she asked from the side casually so I assumed she was kidding or perhaps I was a "backup" because she lost her bf? i dunno. I still don't know the truth.

To answer the title question, Ill say personality, charm, confidence, amusement, sophistication, class, acute intelligence, style, optimism, In-charge, ready-for-anything, etc etc.

well im 19 and i havent had a girlfriend or a date. <==hope that makes you feel a lil better lols

another thing that can make you feel better, just today I saw this out of shape geek dork loser with a pretty decent sophisticated girlfriend, and I was like "Hell NAWWW" and then I got more confident right away and I cant wait to start my 2nd year of college with this attitude and get a girlfriend.

Also let me just say high school relationships don't exactly work out. So ask yourself what your really looking for. Some dates here and there, some dances, and prom.

Just don't make a mistake like i did in senior year, a hot girl asked me to the prom. For some reason at the time, I didnt wanna belivee her, and I kinda never thought about going to prom, it never crossed my mind until she asked me. I didnt wanna say yes immedietly, I actually never said anything and the convo died out. The thing is she never asked me face to face officially, she asked from the side casually so I assumed she was kidding or perhaps I was a "backup" because she lost her bf? i dunno. I still don't know the truth.

To answer the title question, Ill say personality, charm, confidence, amusement, sophistication, class, acute intelligence, style, optimism, In-charge, ready-for-anything, etc etc.

If you put them on a pedestal, so to speak, automatically they will intimidate you. Just remember to relax and treat them like you would anyone else.

Guys, it's not all about hotness.

If girls thought it was all about hotness, you'd have no luck either. ;)

So just remember: the PERSON is more important than the LOOKS.

P.S. Shyness is cool as long as you can talk to the girl. I like shy guys :)

being shy is ok.. because thats you.. but that does not mean that you cant engage in conversation.. i think you fear to be rejected. im saying this regardless of your physical appearance, not everyone will like you or find you attractive. thats just how it works. so take the fear out and risk and live a little friend... your only young once..

I'd be bloody lying out of my arse If I said I knew although it has happened to me a couple of times! Erm, I'll go with what the first fella said; just be yourself?

Even when I'm having a clear week or two I find it difficult initiating conversation, often more so with women. With a lot of men, I have a lot of foundation topics that males tend to be interested in such as 'soccer', cricket, ultimate fighting, motor racing, videogames etc. so making male friends is a lot easier for me.

With females I just try to vary things up... maybe music and movies if I'm grabbing at straws but overall I just try to keep the funnies rollin'. If I don't get any laughs or desired responses then I just move-on.

Plus, I FORCE myself to start up conversation sometimes!

I'm a junior in High School and I've never had a boyfriend. Don't worry. Lots of people my age have not dated or had boyfriends/girlfriends.

I'm kind of shy too and I know what you mean. I'm not always scared to stay stuff. Shyness is just a part of my nature. I have been working to overcome my shyness and I have become a lot less shy in the past years. Try joining some extracurricular activities to meet new friends. Study extra so that you'll be able to correctly answer the questions in class, if you're worried about saying something stupid. However, the only way to overcome your shyness is to just talk. Don't think about it. Just say something. It feels good.

Also, don't worry about your acne. Not one of the guys I have ever liked have I liked them because of their looks. It is always their personalities that get me.

I think that one of the best ways to strike up a conversation with anyone is to talk about the person and what interests him/her. It's a fact: People love to talk about themselves. Ask the girl her opinion on things. Ask her about her hobbies, or the things that make her feel important/the things she is good at. For instance, notice that my avatar is of Jane Eyre. That is my favorite book. I would love it if some guy asked me about Jane Eyre and why I like it so much.

Hope this helps! I'm sure you'll get a girlfriend before I get a boyfriend. :)

unique is probably the best thing you can be

and your just about at the point where if the first thing you ask her is about music or movies, shes gonna dismiss you as a little boy...

If I was in your shoes i'd aim for the girl nextdoor type(there is nothing wrong with these, i worship them) If you have a class with her, sit next to her....

"Hey whats up, My names Bruce, it seems like this class would be alot less boring sitting next to you"

ask her name, you guys do schoolwork together, when the time comes you'll get her number to do schoolwork on the phone, and slowly start keeping her on the phone longer and longer....

Then tell her straight up, you've never been on a date with a girl and ask if she'd like to help

:/... being rejected is probably one of my worse fears along with heights :)

I was scared of rejection all my school years and having acne didn't exactly help,

I'm a junior is high school now.. & I have never had a girlfriend. x_x

I know that you have to be funny but a lot of times in conversations I just don't know what to say.. this one time a girl told me that I was really quiet, but when I hang out with

my friends I'm very talkative

If you saw the new movie Superbad, the main characters weren't what you

would call "hot", but they got some beautiful girls in the end..

what can I do about meeting girls? this is probably my worst

"field"... like in school when you goto a new class you see new faces I

have a hard time talking and meeting girls this way..

most of the girls I know, I know them through friends :/

What are some ways to keep an funny & interesting conversation with a girl?

unique is probably the best thing you can be

and your just about at the point where if the first thing you ask her is about music or movies, shes gonna dismiss you as a little boy...

If I was in your shoes i'd aim for the girl nextdoor type(there is nothing wrong with these, i worship them) If you have a class with her, sit next to her....

"Hey whats up, My names Bruce, it seems like this class would be alot less boring sitting next to you"

ask her name, you guys do schoolwork together, when the time comes you'll get her number to do schoolwork on the phone, and slowly start keeping her on the phone longer and longer....

Then tell her straight up, you've never been on a date with a girl and ask if she'd like to help

Hmm, maybe you should try to start with someone who isn't way better looking then you! But I know how you feel, personally I would rather abstain altogether then hook up with an ugly person.