Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coola

Red spots: the best removal method?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered sufficiently before, but I'd like a definitive answer pertaining to my personal problem. I've been on the Regimen for about 2-3 weeks, and I have query: what can I use/do to remove red spots effectively? They've been popping up sporadically ever since I started the Regimen. (I use all of Dan's official products)

Also, is it normal to see next no no difference in your acne condition after 2-3 weeks? It's sort of a trouble period in the Regimen, I know, but mine doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon.

Thanks in advance! =}

Are you talking about new acne, or old red marks from pimples that have died down? Dan's regimen will eventually prevent the new acne once you've been using the full amount of BP for long enough, and the old acne marks will fade over time, but adding in an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) moisturizer when you're ready can speed those along. You don't want to do that until you've gotten really good and used to BP, though, because AHA moisturizers sting.

Your progress sounds normal enough right now. Just checking, though, have you increased the amount of BP that you've been using since you've started?

Yeah, these are old red spots. I don't think any have come about since I've started the Regimen. And yes, I have increased my BP amount to 3/4 of a finger, and I think I'll keep it at that level, since I'm already having some flakiness problems. I might look into adding some AHA after all. =D