Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest delta force operators

private message tips for getting rid of scars

Guest delta force operators

This was sent to me, i was wondering what you guys think

"I have perfect skin now after all the treatments. I wish I had more pics of my original scars but they were so bad I didn't want to take pics of them!!!

Basically the best way to get rid of acne scars is to have lots of safe treatments, the keyword is safe to get the body to heal itself naturally. You do not want to go and get CO2 lasers or anything that involves cutting, burning/freezing, or excisions. Getting light or medium chemical peels every few weeks, no-downtime lasers that build collagen production, and using topical tazorac and glycolic acid is a great way to go.

Scar revisions is very very slow, but if done correctly the scars can really fade a lot to the point where they are not at all noticeable. I'm not sure how bad yours are though?

I notice that accutane can help the scars mature also (although it will not help flatten or raise scars since it can't build collagen)...it's a nice finishing touch after you finish with the tazorac and glycolic acid/lasers/peels. A course of accutane can further refine the texture of the skin and prevent future acne. "-greg05

This was sent to me, i was wondering what you guys think

"I have perfect skin now after all the treatments. I wish I had more pics of my original scars but they were so bad I didn't want to take pics of them!!!

Basically the best way to get rid of acne scars is to have lots of safe treatments, the keyword is safe to get the body to heal itself naturally. You do not want to go and get CO2 lasers or anything that involves cutting, burning/freezing, or excisions. Getting light or medium chemical peels every few weeks, no-downtime lasers that build collagen production, and using topical tazorac and glycolic acid is a great way to go.

Scar revisions is very very slow, but if done correctly the scars can really fade a lot to the point where they are not at all noticeable. I'm not sure how bad yours are though?

I notice that accutane can help the scars mature also (although it will not help flatten or raise scars since it can't build collagen)...it's a nice finishing touch after you finish with the tazorac and glycolic acid/lasers/peels. A course of accutane can further refine the texture of the skin and prevent future acne. "-greg05

I think anyone who has scars knows that they will never have perfect skin, id be wary of any one or any product that claims to remove scars, the best we can hope for is major improvement, not total removal, because nothing has been invented that will totally remove scars yet :wacko: