Morning:

100 mg. Doxycycline

Night:

100 mg. Doxycycline

Night:

Wash face (Dove bar)

Stringent Neutrogena Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acid

Retin-A all over face at night

Problem Areas: Temples of the side of my face, lower right side of mouth region.

Background:

I am 23 and have had acne for the past 5 years. It's been a roller coaster with breaking out sometimes and then being pretty good at other times. Now I'm trying to fix the problem with: antibiotics and retin-a. Hopefully I'll see results and get cleared up.

post-61471-1185999309_thumb.jpg

post-61471-1185999315_thumb.jpg

post-61471-1185999353_thumb.jpg

post-61471-1185999309_thumb.jpg

post-61471-1185999315_thumb.jpg

post-61471-1185999353_thumb.jpg

Day 2:

Yesterday I got my DK acne set. The face wash is pretty good! I was very impressed. Also the Benzoyl Peroxide was very good as well. I'm not being into the moisturizer though but have never been that big into moisturizer because it makes my face feel greasy (while my face is greasy enough).

No new break outs.

Wake up:

Washed face with DK face wash

Applied a face mask but just to my forehead and temples (my problem areas). Left it on for about an hour then applied the DK benzoyl Peroxide.

Had breakfast, a bowl of cereal, waited an hour then took my doxycycline with some water and a fruit smoothie.

Later on I had a sandwich and then 1 1/2 hours later took my other pill of doxycycline.

Tonight I plan on washing my face with the DK face wash then using the Neutrogena stringent. After 10 minutes I'll apply retin-a all over my face.

Overall today was good. Just hoping to get ride of my acne. I felt and looked a lot better today.

Day 3:

Morning:

Same as all other days

Night:

Same as all other days

I've been wearing a face mask on my forward and temples when I'm at home. I feel that my face is so oily there that I need it. Anyways no new breakouts, but I do feel one growing on the left side of my temple. Hopefully it won't be that big of a problem.

Doxycycline has been working good so far. As for the retin-a I'm experiencing a little peeling out, not much though. My face seems to be red a lot more though in certain areas. I just want my skin to be clear and have an even tone.

Day 5:

So I talked to my derm today and he told me the following:

- A retinoid should be the corner stone of any acne fighting regimen

- Get off the antibiotics - (I've been using antibiotics for about 3 years) He said by now it's probably lost it's effectiveness and at most is acting now as an anti-inflammatory

So here is my current regimen:

Morning:

Wash face with wash rag (Using DK face wash)

BenAC (basically Benzaclin; BenAC has 5% Benzoyl Peroxide and 1% Cleocin T)

Night:

Wash face with wash rag (Using DK face wash)

Retin-A (all over face)

- No more antibiotics, just all topicals. Lets see how this goes.

- No new outbreaks. Just redness from where my old acne (from last week) was. Mainly around the temples and forehead.

- My face looks likes crap :(

So things are going a lot better!

Here is my current regimen:

Morning

Wash DK face wash

Beta Hydroxyl Acid 2% (worked well with my sister, working very good with me)

DuAC

Paula's Choice Mattifying Sunscreen (nice because it doesn't make my skin feel oily)

Night

Wash DK face wash

Beta Hydroxyl Acid 2%

Retin-A

Paula's Choice Mattifying Anti-Oxidant

Yeah I'll get a few pimples in my breakout area but nothing to bad. The only thing I hate now is shaving. For some reason I've always had problems with ingrowns. I now got some glycolic acid which I heard is good for treating ingrown hairs.

Today I also got a deep cleansing facial (first time). The lady at the place said I had really good skin and actually said I didn't have a lot to extract. Nonetheless I'm still going for perfect skin. I'll post some new pictures up in a few days.

Just a lot of scarring in my problem areas (temples) and ingrowns on my jaw line.

Hope all is going well with everyone else.

Also I'm also off doxycycline and have not really had any major breakout.

Also for your comment I am on .05% Retin-A called tretinoin. Yeah I do wake up peeling a little but hey the peeling means it's working. For some reason though I don't feel that it really works. I am still using it religiously because I heard it takes some time to start working.

Mike

OK new stuff. I know I haven't updated in a while.

After a breakout I usually come back to the site which I did last week.

New info:

I am pretty much clear!

What has helped me:

Oxy Chill Factor

Oxy Salicylic Acid

Psyllium Husk Fiber

What I am doing now:

Wake up:

Shower/Shave

Go back and shower again:

Oxy Salicylic Acid

Put Oxy Chill Factor and leave it on for 15 minutes

Eat then take vitamins. These are the ones I'm taking:

Flax Seed, Multi-Vitamin, Grape Seed Extract (anti-oxidant), Green Tea Extract (more anti-oxidant), Zinc, Vitamin C, Fish Oil, Psyllium Husk Fiber, DMAE and ALA.

2 hours later:

Minocycline

Lunch then 1 hour later:

Minocycline

Night I'll have a Yogurt (to counter act and put the healthy bacteria back in my system that was destroyed from the minocycline)

Night:

Shower with Oxy Salicylic Acid

Depending on my mood, I'll put on either Retin-A or Oxy Chill Factor. As we know, both counter act each other so I do one or the other.

What I have learned:

Some adult acne is caused by a weak digestion system. That is why I'm taking the Psyllium Husk Fiber and having the yogurt at night.

What I'm adding now is more green tea (Dr. Brandt's green tea extract) and drinking more water.

Yes my face is looking good! (knock on wood). Just thought I would update everyone. That is currently what I am doing. Wow I'm so happy. Now if only I could get rid of this sneeze fit I've been having today.

I'll post more pics if anyone is interested. Don't think anyone comes here anymore.

Helio

New day. Still looking clear! w00t! Anyways I'm starting to get to that feeling that maybe I don't need all this stuff anymore and that I am cleared.

Still taking the vitamins, I've been slacking on washing my face though but thats because it's the weekend.

Wow I think I really found something! - Mike

wow man

you had very mild acne!

almost non-existent acne!

so the handful of vits with the RA helped out alot huh??

Thanks babowc! Yeah those were probably one of my worst days. Things have gotten a lot better since. I'm just waiting for some of my old acne to fade. Mainly using retin-a and exfoliating to help with the cell turnover.

What I found really helps is going back to Oxy products. I had great success with them before but don't remember why I quit using them.

I like to think of treating acne two ways. One from the inside, being prevention and one from the outside, treatment of active pimples. Each vitamin I take in some way I believe helps with acne. Not only that, but it helps supplement the nutrition that I don't get from the foods.

Anyways thanks for the compliment, my face has gotten a lot better since then.

Mike

My regimen has been ok as of the past couple days. I have 2 new breakouts (cystic acne) on my lower left jaw). The tonight I got another one on my right temple. Sucks because I thought I was starting to clear up again. I have been pretty stressed lately though and not getting so much sleep.

Errrr, just when I thought I found something, my face starts acting up again. Ahhh, not necessary back to square one again, but geez, I thought I found something good. I was starting to feel so happy too! Man what a bummer. I don't think I'll ever! And I mean ever! Be clear :(