Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elena.

does accutane lab work

i've had to stop BC temporarily b/c of issues scheduling an appt with my GP so i'm waiting to get refills on BC.

i'm not sexually active so i'm not really worried about that but i just had my 2nd set of labwork done and i'm freaking out thinking it might show up and the derm might flip out b/c of the ipledge bullshit. so i'm just wondering if anyone knows if it's included in the lab work. i'm PRAYING i'll finally get to start tane by the end of the week...

The responsible thing to do would be to stay honest about your BC situation with your derm. You say that you're not sexually active, but nobody ever knows what tomorrow will bring, even if we think we're sure. IPledge was created because of girls just like you who didn't think it was a big deal to be on birth control while taking accutane. Now with IPledge implimented, it is people like you who will eventually have accutane pulled off the shelves and ruin it for people who are suffering with acne world-wide. I'm not trying to jump down your throat, but if you're taking a drug like accutane that comes along with a lot of responsibility, you need to show that responsibility and be mature about it. The rules were put in place for a reason.

i've had to stop BC temporarily b/c of issues scheduling an appt with my GP so i'm waiting to get refills on BC.

i'm not sexually active so i'm not really worried about that but i just had my 2nd set of labwork done and i'm freaking out thinking it might show up and the derm might flip out b/c of the ipledge bullshit. so i'm just wondering if anyone knows if it's included in the lab work. i'm PRAYING i'll finally get to start tane by the end of the week...

Wynne,

I have seen you making the comment, so sure that each "woman" is mature....many times when this comes up. You have such faith in people, which is a great thing...but let's not forget that IPledge was implimented for a reason. I only wish that I could be as optomistic as you are all the time - it is such a great trait to have - but we must not lose track of the reality, either. This person may or mat not be a responsible woman, but as I stated before, the rules are in place for a reason. I don't think it is responsible at all to condone not taking birth control and lying to your doctor about it.

You've definitely a strong opinion on this subject. Having sex would be the immature thing to do. The poster states she is going to get back on birth control and states she is not sexually active. Sounds good to me so long as she follows through with those statements. End of my contribution to this thread.

You've definitely a strong opinion on this subject. Having sex would be the immature thing to do. The poster states she is going to get back on birth control and states she is not sexually active. Sounds good to me so long as she follows through with those statements. End of my contribution to this thread.

But it really doesn't boil down to self control. If the manufacturers of this drug and the government thought it best to leave it in the hands of the users, IPledge - along with all it's rules and regulations - would not exist. What the hell has this world come to when people think it's ok to violate the rules and, in turn, condone violating the rules? VERY IMPORTANT rules, none the less. I'm not talking about taking too many breaks at work, or not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign at 2am when nobody is on the road....not those kind of rules....this is the kind of rule that prevents deformed babies from being born, prevents potential mothers from producing these babies, who, they will either have to struggle to raise - or - deal with the guilt of producing a child that won't live. *sigh* I see that it is just a never ending battle with people who think that they are above the rules. What makes you any better or different than me - or any of the other thousands and thousands of female accutane patients who decide to be RESPONSIBLE and follow the RULES? And no, I do not think that IRRESPONSIBLE is a harsh word - I could have used worse. The definition of irresponsible, word for word is: not responsible, answerable, or accountable to higher authority. By NOT following the rules set forth by people who know far better what they are doing, the effects of this drug, and the means that are necessary for preventing such effects is, by DEFINITION, irresponsible.

if you aren't sexually active, and not going to be at all while on accutane, birth control isn't necessary. and no, it won't show up in the blood work.

I'm sure there ARE tests for it, but in a fantasy world, everyone follows the rules set forth in the contract you signed before going on the tane, so the docs don't think that anyone would disobey them -- hence why its usually never checked for. You're technically breaching the contract, but then again, ... since you're going to go back on it,.... its up to you to tell. I think though, there's something, depending on what BC you're on, that it'll still stay in your system for awhile,... not saying you're 100% protected, but its effects could last a few days :/ don't know, just voicing my opinion but to test for it, is unfair to those who have to pay out of pocket each time for the blood work, so since its not required (yet*) by the government, the derms don't request it.

*yet as in i'm assuming that eventually they'll start doing it when they realize that their system doesn't work as the want it to.

:)

if you aren't sexually active, and not going to be at all while on accutane, birth control isn't necessary. and no, it won't show up in the blood work.

Right, screw the rules. They're not necessary. It's not as though they're in place because there's a valid reason for them. Why don't we just forget all the rules and live in total chaos? If you don't think it's necessary, then it doesn't apply to you. @@

Right, screw the rules. They're not necessary. It's not as though they're in place because there's a valid reason for them. Why don't we just forget all the rules and live in total chaos? If you don't think it's necessary, then it doesn't apply to you. @@

then please answer my question. why do you need to take BC if you are not having sex.

...besides, whether or not iPLEDGE is necessary isn't the question. the question was will not taking BC show up on the labs, it won't

It's necessary because you never know what tomorrow will bring. I checked the gal's profile and she admits and has posted that she is sexually active. It's not as though she's a virgin who's saving herself for marriage. If the ex boyfriend came back around tomorrow, like she'd been hoping he would, or whatever - there's a chance that she would become sexually active again. I think most of us can agree that in the heat of the moment with a passionate lover, our senses sometimes go out the window. If there is any possibility at all that she may have sex - and there is - then she should just be responsible. If there was no more BC on the face of the planet, fine...but she has plenty of resources available to her to get the BC that she needs. There's no excuse.

that's why i said "if you aren't sexually active, and not going to be at all while on accutane" it isn't necessary.

I may as well just jump on the bandwagon -

Do whatever you want! Don't take birth control and screw like monkeys. Who cares! You're responsible! You know what you're doing!

did anyone say screw like monkeys? because i really don't think anyone did.

i don't think anyone is suggesting you have unprotected sex while on accutane.

No, I just did. This board sucks ass. Seriously. Every fucking week there's the same conversation and every fucking week you morons back up the other moron who thinks it's ok to defy the rules. Fuck all of you.

what are you the iPLEDGE police? calm down, it will be ok. if you don't like these boards you don't have to stay. don't worry about what other people do, and just take comfort in the fact that you are following the rules.

No, I just did. This board sucks ass. Seriously. Every fucking week there's the same conversation and every fucking week you morons back up the other moron who thinks it's ok to defy the rules. Fuck all of you.

If everybody was so fucking responsible, IPledge never would have came about. It was implemented because girls weren't fucking responsible enough to keep their legs closed, so, out came a mutant baby. Over and over and over. Christ, you fucking people really are small minded.