Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
real maverick

Acne.org Moisturizer discussion

Now that the Moisturizer has been released, we want to keep the discussions in one place, so please keep the discussion of the moisturizer to this thread.

Discuss away :)

I've ordered mine and it's on it's way. woooooohoooooo :D

Me to but Ill get mine sooner because I live in Daly City CA, which is right next to SF :razz:

Woohoo! I just ordered mine too and I had mine shipped UPS Air just this once since I'm desperate for it...hehe. I live in the east coast so it would take 4-7 days to get here and I'm impatient to get it!

Woohoo! I just ordered mine too and I had mine shipped UPS Air just this once since I'm desperate for it...hehe. I live in the east coast so it would take 4 days to get here and I'm impatient to get it!

LOL!

Just ordered some too. I hope to have my BP tomorrow and moisturizer by the end of the week.

Just ordered some too. I hope to have my BP tomorrow and moisturizer by the end of the week.

I dont think it exactly works that way. Dont they call come together in one box?

That's great. Gotta order one :D When the moisturizer with SPF will be available?

Everything is shipped in one box, but there are no additional boxes inside. We try to cut down on packaging as much as possible.

I should have another sample of the SPF moisturizer in 2 weeks. It is months away because SPF is an active ingredient and even if this next sample is perfect it will need to go into FDA required stability for 3 months.

Can't wait to hear what you guys think about the moisturizer!

Dan you are a GOD... we all love you and I am so gratefull for this site.... Even though the DKR didnt work out for me (cleared me up but I hated how dry it made me) I am very excited about the moisturizer and I hope everyone on the DKR will have even MORE success with this moistuizer! I'd like to know how it works when NOT using BP :think: I'd like to order it SO badly but I'm a little worried about the Jojoba oil since it breaks me out a little when I use it alone.... but I"ve heard it's not a problem for people who ARE sensitive to Jojoba oil (Ami). Dan.... Avobenzone AND zinc oxide seem to break me out too.... it's a never ending battle with sunscreen :( I'm hoping I will find one one day that wont break me out.

What kinda ingredients are in it?
Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Squalane, Bisabolol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Oleate, Stearic Acid, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Copied verbatim from the info page for the moisturizer.

To be totally honest I'm a little bummed by the absence of any AHA but I might give it a try anyhow. I'm pretty annoyed with my Cetaphil right now. I'll either give this or Lac-Hydrin Five a try, not sure which one at this point. Either way, hooray for jojoba oil getting included, it really is a miracle worker.

Dan you are a GOD... we all love you and I am so gratefull for this site.... Even though the DKR didnt work out for me (cleared me up but I hated how dry it made me) I am very excited about the moisturizer and I hope everyone on the DKR will have even MORE success with this moistuizer! I'd like to know how it works when NOT using BP :think: I'd like to order it SO badly but I'm a little worried about the Jojoba oil since it breaks me out a little when I use it alone.... but I"ve heard it's not a problem for people who ARE sensitive to Jojoba oil (Ami). Dan.... Avobenzone AND zinc oxide seem to break me out too.... it's a never ending battle with sunscreen :( I'm hoping I will find one one day that wont break me out.

I also broke with jojoba oil and I am concerned whether this will break me out. Although, since I've heard that ami didn't break out, I am relieved.

Check out my thread here on why some people break out from jojoba oil http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=143698&hl=

I just ordered some and can hardly wait for it. :dance:

Receiving my order of this moisturizer will be the highlight of my week.

Well, not really, because I'm going to the Atreyu concert tomorrow and Warped Tour on Friday, and also my parents are out of town all week.

BUT on any other normal week this would be the highlight. ;)

Gyroscope, i hear ya! I can't wait to get Dan's moisturizer (just ordered it seconds ago).

Also i like your taste in music! I forgot warped tour was soon... i went to it last year and loved it, i would loveeee to see Killswitch Engage and Parkway Drive and others in concert.

Gyroscope, i hear ya! I can't wait to get Dan's moisturizer (just ordered it seconds ago).

Also i like your taste in music! I forgot warped tour was soon... i went to it last year and loved it, i would loveeee to see Killswitch Engage and Parkway Drive and others in concert.

Never been before, I'm pretty excited! I'm mainly going to see Underoath, I'm hoping that I get there in time (I have to work till 5). But if not, I'll stick around for some of the other bands - should be a pretty sweet show!

Okay, now I'm taking away from the moisturizer discussion. lol

Actually, I did have a question for any mods who got samples and used jojoba oil in their original regimens (pre-dan-mositurizer) - did you find that you no longer needed the extra jojoba because Dan's already had it in it? I hear it's amazing at stopping flakes, but I've always needed to add jojoba to any moisturizer.

Underoath is good too :D havent listened to them in a while though, You'll love warped tour, only time in my life i've ever gotten even the slightest of a sunburn (shirtless for 9 hours in the sun, im half-asian so i dont burn).

And about the jojoba oil... i was wondering, has there be even ONE reported case from the samples or anything about dan's moisturizer breaking them out? because i know jojoba oil breaks some people out supposedly (probably because they clog their pores with it putting too much on). It's the only thing that worries me about the moisturizer, i've never put jojoba on my skin before.

And about the jojoba oil... i was wondering, has there be even ONE reported case from the samples or anything about dan's moisturizer breaking them out? because i know jojoba oil breaks some people out supposedly (probably because they clog their pores with it putting too much on). It's the only thing that worries me about the moisturizer, i've never put jojoba on my skin before.

I know that Tsunami's skin doesn't like Jojoba oil, but I believe that she actually did NOT break out from Dan's moisturizer. I don't know about people who have, though. We'll probably hear more responses once people start trying it.

i think all the mods who used it gave positive reviews. and no, Tsunami did not break out fro dan's moisturizer. if i'm not mistaken she really loved it.

To be totally honest I'm a little bummed by the absence of any AHA but I might give it a try anyhow. I'm pretty annoyed with my Cetaphil right now. I'll either give this or Lac-Hydrin Five a try, not sure which one at this point. Either way, hooray for jojoba oil getting included, it really is a miracle worker.

My plan is to use Dan's moisturizer during the day with a separate sunblock and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion at night for the strong AHA. I like what NHSFL has done for my skin too much to give it up completely!

how come there's already a review up for dan's moisturizer? and a bad one at that.... :think:

I want to wait & see how everyone likes it before I take the dive. It wouldn't really be cheaper than what I use now either, with shipping & everything....

how come there's already a review up for dan's moisturizer? and a bad one at that.... :think:

hmmm, very interesting. As far as I know only the mods and perhaps a few of Dan's friends got samples (not 100% positive on that though). Otherwise nobody has used the real full product yet. Might just be a spammer. :think: Unfortunately, it's not always easy to tell who is giving honest ratings and who is just playing around.