Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stacyfrpt

what songs do you guys listen to that help you deal with these feelings we have sometimes

I listen to these songs everyday. They are my absolute favorites :dance:

Iio - Rapture (Club Mix)

Engelina - Stay

Fabolous ft Ne-Yo - Make Me Better

Breaking Benjamin - Breath

Tony Parker - Premier Love

Joe - If I Was Your Man

and some more... :whistle:

hello i was just wondering what songs you guys listen to when your having a bad day

If you like Spanish music, a song that always makes me feel better inside just because it's a song in good fun is:

RBD - Rebelde

No matter if I'm feeling down, this always makes me want to forget about things and just jam out. Heheh! I think I'll go have a listen right now.

Guest missyjean130

Here's what i sometimes do:

I listen to a really sad song to have my crying fit...then I move on to something really heavy that I can bang my head out and make me feel like everything's okay.

I listen to Orgy,Garbage,Perfect circle,Tool...stuff like them.

So basically my tactic is to get to sad/anger out of my system then move on to something that will make me feel like everything is okay

Diamond Nights -- Destination Diamonds

Rooney -- When Did Your Heart Go Missing

Atmosphere -- The Keys to Life vs. 15 Minutes of Fame

Paramore -- Never Let This Go

Peter Bjorn and John -- Young Folks

Random combination, but it works for me.

Guest The Effendi

Black Dog-Led Zeppelin

Saint John-Cold War Kids

Baby You're A Rich Man-The Beatles

Those songs don't really describe particular feelings, so

I can just forget about what's been going on.

Rufus Wainwright = Hallelujah

Mans Zermelow = Cara Mia

Rednex = Wish you were here

BWO = Conquering America

Love these songs!!!!!

Ball and Biscuit, Hypnotize, Girl You Have No faith In Medicine, and When I Hear My Name. All White Stripes songs

Dont Just Take My Word On These. Download Them And Give Them A Listen. I Dont Think You'll Be Dissapointed. Some Of These Links Expire At 3:00 AM On August 12 So Get Em While They're HOT

-Jeff Buckley "Hallelujah"

Best cover, Best Song, Best Anything ... Ever. My favorite song. Rufus Wainwrights is good but this one is just .... trancendent.

-Iron And Wine "Trapeze Swinger"

It's 9 Minutes and 30 seconds long, and when it ends I always want more. Plain and simple this is just an amazing song.

-Gary Jules "Mad World"

Never fails to make any of my playlists, and the rising violins in the middle never cease to make my chest tighten every time hear them. Also check out Falling Awake.

-Israel Kawakawiwo'ole "Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World"

Two Classics, A Ukele, and A Giant Hawaiian with a giant heart that he uses every bit of to give us this gem that you have probably heard one time or another

-Catherine Feeny "Mr. Blue"

The great Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World show team up with Catherine and they should be the leaders of the free world. Mr. Feeny could dispense vital life lessons over the fence of the White House, and Catherine could overload our visual and auditory senses with her Angelicness

-Damien Rice "Eskimo"

Its about an Eskimo ..... and it has Finnish Opera. Does it really need more explanation.

-Bishop Allen "Butterfly Nets"

If you were able to capture a perfect summer day, and make it into an instrument. When you played it .... this is what it would sound like. You gotta love that saxaphone solo

-Howie Day "Collide"

"Even the best fall down sometimes" Even though its not really the meaning of the lyric always makes me think of me now, and gives me hope for the future.

-Rosie Thomas "Much Farther To Go"

This is such a great song, and every girl i've ever met has always been impressed and intruiged that i have it on my ipod. Its a win-win

-The Lovin Spoonful "Daydream"

Just a carefree tune that tastes sweet like lemonade and feels like sunshine on your skin.

-Spoon "Underdog"

This one is sure to get the smile back on your face. Its upbeat and its about the underdog which i always consider myself because people are always underestimating me "Got no fear of the underdog Thats why they will not survive".

-Hem "Half Acre"

When you're missing home .... You'll feel this one

-Weezer "Island In The Sun"

When you want nothing more than to just get away ... you'll feel this one

depends how i feel, if i'm depressed but angry, i'll rip the shit out of my metal playlist with Megadeth, Trivium, Metallica, Devil Driver just angry as fuck music, if i'm depressed and just feel like being moody emo, i put on a playlist i have where its songs ive heard at funerals ive been too, not really songs i like, but bad memories can help drain the emotion from me.

depends how i feel, if i'm depressed but angry, i'll rip the shit out of my metal playlist with Megadeth, Trivium, Metallica, Devil Driver just angry as fuck music, if i'm depressed and just feel like being moody emo, i put on a playlist i have where its songs ive heard at funerals ive been too, not really songs i like, but bad memories can help drain the emotion from me.

The Smiths / Morrissey always makes me feel better. His lyrics bring some humor to difficult & frustrating situations on life. Plus he articulates certain feelings so well it is comfort to hear someone sing it out loud.

The Jesus and Mary Chain & Garbage have some good lyrics/music for when I am angry or upset. I guess that's why they are my top favorite bands....

If I am stressed out, I like something soothing, maybe some Brazilian music like Bebel Gilberto or some daydreamy shoegaze like Lush.

i like electronica, dance and 80's music but some of my favorite songs to listen to (I don't know if these are that uplifting.... but they make me feel better) are:

BT-Simply being loved

Ulrich Schnauss-stars

Dangerous Muse-break up

The hacker and miss kitten-Masterplan

Underworld-Born Slippy Nuxx

The Cure-a letter to Elise

and anything by Solvent!

i have an incredibly self pitying depressing playlist on my I Pod i seem to listen to a lot these days.

Velvet Revolver

Fall To Pieces

Gravedancer

You got no right

System Of A Down

Lonely Day

Soldier Side

Aerials

Trivium

Dying in your arms

My Hatred

And Sadness Will Sear

Departure

A7X

Seize The Day

I Won't See You Tonight Part 1

The Used

All That I've Got

As you can see, quite emo and self pitying drivel, if i make any attempt to try and cheer myself up i made a silly playlist too.

System Of A Down

Johnny

Radio/Video

Chas N Dave

Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit

Bloodhound Gang

Basically anything by these guys

N Sync

Pop :lol:

Music can be so therapuetic, if i lost my I pod i think i'd go insane.

I posted this in my thread, but I just recently found a song by Kelly Clarkson that's perfect for what I'm feeling. It's called Irvine

Are you there?

Are you watching me?

As I lie here on this floor

They say you feel what I do

They say you’re here every moment

Will you stay?

Stay ‘till the darkness leaves

Stay here with me

I know you’re busy, I know I’m just one

But you might be the only one who sees me

The only one to save me

Why is it so hard?

Why can’t you just take me?

I don’t have much to go

Before I fade completely

Can you feel how cold I am?

Do you cry as I do?

Are you lonely up there all by yourself?

Like I have felt all my life

The only one to save mine

How are you so strong?

What’s it like to feel so free?

Your heart is really something

Your love, a complete mystery to me

Are you there watching me?

As I lie here on this floor

Do you cry, do you cry with me?

Cry with me tonight

Are you there?

Are you watching me?

Other than that, I listen to all kinds of music with the exception of RB and Rap.

Disney Music(songs from the animated movies,) Tarkan, Loreena McKennitt, Robbie Roberston, Arrogant Worms, and Prozzak. I'm weird, I guess.

Built to Spill

Elliott Smith

Modest Mouse

Pedro the Lion

Sunny Day Real Estate

The Promise Ring