Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashley Sara

powder is better than liquid

I have almost always used powder. However, last year I started using liquid. worst mistake of my life. It made my skin so oily especially around my nose. I felt like I was melting. Powder definately is a more natural attempt. Also, most girls think MAC is awesome, yeah its really pretty makeup. But unless youre a model you probably shouldnt use the studio fix powder/liquid foundation. It clogs your pores to the maximum. Sometimes sticking to the old fashion Neutrogena saves you money and unneccessary breakouts. I use the powder and it is soo great for me. I feel so natural and like Im not wearing anythinggg

hope this helpsss :)

Yeah, I think I've rarely seen teenage girls or young women using liquid make up; most up compact foundation or some pressed powder. The only problem is some girls over do their compact foundation or powder and they end up looking like what I call "full blown make up" - meaning their faces look very pale and their facial skin tone doesn't match that of their necks and bodies.

I think the reason powder is most popular is because it usually provides a matte finish and it blots away oil, something no one wants all on their face. Powder also usually ends up looking most natural (assuming you have a matching shade and don't go "full blown make up").

But for some reason, I always have a weird desire to trying liquid make up. I'm a guy, so I'm not BIG on make up - all I have is a crayon concealer, but I've always thought liquid seems to provide the most coverage and should I ever have an emergancy, foundation or something will be there to help, but I don't know - I've never really had anything. I had a bit of Neutrogena's Clean Tint, but I only had it for 2 months or so before the product went bad (a female friend who had it for a few months let me have it). Recently, I've been randomly looking online for possible foundations I could get and my head just keeps spinning because for ex, Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse looks so....appealing, but I've heard bad reviews...and then Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Foundation looks nice, but...-_- I'm never going to have the balls to go into a drugstore and straight up spend time looking @ make up and purchasing by myself.

But I guess liquid or powder just depends on one's personal preference.

I use Neutrogena pressed powder. It goes on so well and i absolutely love it. and its only like ten dollars.

Yeah, I think I've rarely seen teenage girls or young women using liquid make up; most up compact foundation or some pressed powder. The only problem is some girls over do their compact foundation or powder and they end up looking like what I call "full blown make up" - meaning their faces look very pale and their facial skin tone doesn't match that of their necks and bodies.

I think the reason powder is most popular is because it usually provides a matte finish and it blots away oil, something no one wants all on their face. Powder also usually ends up looking most natural (assuming you have a matching shade and don't go "full blown make up").

But for some reason, I always have a weird desire to trying liquid make up. I'm a guy, so I'm not BIG on make up - all I have is a crayon concealer, but I've always thought liquid seems to provide the most coverage and should I ever have an emergancy, foundation or something will be there to help, but I don't know - I've never really had anything. I had a bit of Neutrogena's Clean Tint, but I only had it for 2 months or so before the product went bad (a female friend who had it for a few months let me have it). Recently, I've been randomly looking online for possible foundations I could get and my head just keeps spinning because for ex, Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse looks so....appealing, but I've heard bad reviews...and then Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Foundation looks nice, but...-_- I'm never going to have the balls to go into a drugstore and straight up spend time looking @ make up and purchasing by myself.

I hate the powdered look. Also, when I was a teen and had grotesquely oily skin, I tried to control it with powder and it made the surface of my face all dry and flaky, but still oily. So I had oily, dry, flaky, powdery skin.

I think it's better to control oil with an oil absorbing lotion or milk of magnesia and blotting papers. And have a fresh, dewy looking complexion.

I do agree with you on the drugstore over department store makeup. In my opinion, the absolute essentials, foundation and mascara, must be available at any drugstore.

Also, btw, diet does affect oiliness. While my skin wasn't as bad as when I was a teen, it was still pretty oily and my hair had to be washed daily. Then I changed my diet last year and i'm just slightly oily, which is a good thing at my age.

I had a bit of Neutrogena's Clean Tint, but I only had it for 2 months or so before the product went bad (a female friend who had it for a few months let me have it). Recently, I've been randomly looking online for possible foundations I could get and my head just keeps spinning because for ex, Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse looks so....appealing, but I've heard bad reviews...and then Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Foundation looks nice, but...-_- I'm never going to have the balls to go into a drugstore and straight up spend time looking @ make up and purchasing by myself.

I think it's hip to be down on liquid makeup these days, because everyone is buying into the propaganda that minerals and powder is better. Back in my teens, I didn't really know how to properly apply liquid foundation, so I just went without. I was into powders for a while except that it made my combination skin look dry and flaky, no matter what brand of powder (mineral or not) I use. It also accentuates any fine lines that I have, so I had to let it go. It wasn't until I bought a couple of good makeup application books that I learned to properly apply liquid makeup. Now I don't ever get that heavy feel from liquid foundations like I did before, in fact now my liquid feels lighter than the minerals. And my skin looks perfect because the liquid covers up my freckles and scarring so much better. Not to mention it makes my face look balanced, not dry or oily.

I do think how a liquid makeup look highly depends on the brand. I personally don't use drug store liquid makeup, they never give me the result that I want. I use Lancome foundations that I get from department stores and the difference is night and day, I wouldn't use any other brand.

I do think how a liquid makeup look highly depends on the brand. I personally don't use drug store liquid makeup, they never give me the result that I want. I use Lancome foundations that I get from department stores and the difference is night and day, I wouldn't use any other brand.

They may be owned by the same company but I guarantee you the products are not the same. I've used all three (Lancome, L'Oreal, and Maybelline) and I detest the feel and texture of the other two. Also my dad used to work for L'Oreal as a chemist and he said there are definitely higher grade materials and more attention to research to the Lancome line than the other two.

Most days I just wear powder (NOT minerals). It looks more natural on me and helps with my oily skin.

If I'm going out or something, I will use a liquid because it does give a more perfect looking appearance. But for every day use, I don't need to look flawless and "perfect" so a simple powder works for me.

I'm in the middle of an as-yet-unsuccessful quest to find a foundation I like, so lately I've just been doing concealer and powder. I'd like a little more coverage than this, but at least it's better than any of the foundations I've tried lately (a liquid from MAC, Colorstay, the Lancome tinted moisturizer, the Physicians Formula minerals).

*sigh*

I have to use liquid makeup. I tried powdered makeup - Everyday Minerals actually - but it actually looks thicker than the liquid makeup. And it seemed to settle into fine lines and give my skin a flaky appearance. I, like another poster, also have to use a high quality foundation. I have used Estee Lauder for years. The drugstore brands just don't compare for me. I've tried several. The coverage, feel and finish is just much better with a more expensive product.

i hate liquid foundation. it accentuates the little bumps i have on my skin. i've only worn it like 2 times. i never felt like it was heavy or gross..but i just hated the thought that i have a bunch a gunk on my face. i wear cornsilk powder (helps control oil amazingly) followed by physicians formula powder (i just got this recently) and love them both. i was just using the cornsilk for a while but i wanted to find something to help my redness/complexion more..and i believe i did. i dont really need that much coverage. when i know i'm gonna be outside sweating..i dont even wear makeup.

I use powder. And have never used a liquid foundation.

Just thinking about using a liquid one makes me cringe.

I just dont like the idea at all :)

I use powder. And have never used a liquid foundation.

Just thinking about using a liquid one makes me cringe.

I just dont like the idea at all :)

Also my dad used to work for L'Oreal as a chemist and he said there are definitely higher grade materials and more attention to research to the Lancome line than the other two.

I've been using Mary-Kay liquid foundation and it works very well for me, thankfully. I'd been on a ten year hunt for a decent liquid foundation! I always liked the cover that it gave but could never find one that didn't cake. The MK consultant also corrected me on the shade - I like the pale look, so I've always bought a shade lighter. But now I buy the exact shade and I can't believe the difference it makes on how good my skin looks!

Also my dad used to work for L'Oreal as a chemist and he said there are definitely higher grade materials and more attention to research to the Lancome line than the other two.

When? Paula Begoun, cosmeticscop.com, analyzes current products from drugstore and department stores and many are exactly the same with different packaging. There are a few items that are only available in department stores, but they are usually moisturizers. And occasionally, there are some superior items from department stores, but they are rarely worth the price difference between it and the nearly identical drugstore sister product. Many items are available first in the drugstores, and only if they are popular do they then make up the fancier packaging for the department store later. I believe the Dream Mousse Blush is an example, but I think I read that in her book which I don't have anymore.

She also says she's looked for these so-called suppliers of lower quality ingredients and can't find any. They all buy from the same place.

Personally, I believe my dad more than any books or website that are out to encourage consumption of a particular group of cosmetics.

I think the "best" makeup is whatever won't break you out, & whatever works best for you.

I use Neutrogena pressed powder. It goes on so well and i absolutely love it. and its only like ten dollars.

When I was starting to get into makeup [because i dont like makeup that much, i will pretty much go out with makeup a lot] i started using matte mousse from maybeline. the worst makeup ive ever used. my skin got so oily. YUCK! thinking of it makes me wanna gag. haha. You should have a girl friend buy it for you. My bro used to borrow mine. nothing wrong with caring about your looks :]

never hurt anyone!