Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gelli

Eucerin products

I´m from latin america and I´ve been using Eucerin cleanser and moisturizer, and neutrogena on the spot for a week. Anyone familiar with these eucerin products? I don´t know how good the lactic acid (which is the main ingredient of the Eucerin moisturizer) works as a moisturizer while on the regimen . No changes so far by the way. My skin got really red, dry, flaky and even a litle swollen but I think it was because I started to hard on the bp (twice daily 3/4 finger). After I saw that, I slowed down and started using it only at night and 1/2 finger. I would appreciate some feed back because I ´m just starting and my skin does not look good at all... :cry:

You might want to add in the lactic acid product AFTER your skin is acclimated slowly to the full dose of BP.

BP is already rather irritating and you want a soothing moisturizer that works until your skin gets used to the BP. Start slowly....follow the directions...don't go too fast. Try a Eucerin product without lactic acid at first. They do have great products. :)

After a few months and when you're using the full amount on your face, then try adding in the moisturizer with lactic acid. Lactic acid is a gentle exfoliant, but it is still an exfoliant.

Thanks Wynne!... another question? how long do you have to wait on the regimen to start noticing some improvement? how long was it for you?

Thanks Wynne!... another question? how long do you have to wait on the regimen to start noticing some improvement? how long was it for you?

I know Wynne's not using the regimen, so I'll answer for her :). I saw gradual improvement in my acne, starting out pretty quickly but also very slowly. While my acne was improving, my redness and dryness were becoming bigger problems because I was using more and more BP, though, so my face wasn't looking too hot until after about two months, when my acne was clear and my redness started to diminish. A lot of people take longer than this to clear, about 3 months is pretty typical, but most of them see promising signs of results earlier on. One common pattern of regimen use (but not the only pattern!) is to start clearing up a good amount in the first week, dryness hits after the first week, annoying big breakout third week, recovery but lots of redness, another breakout 5-6 weeks in and still some dryness problems, but then things get slowly better after that.