Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

...bring this thing to a head?!?! I've been dousing my nodule with BP for about five days now...it's shrunk, but it's also become more compact and is beginning to surface. My face can't really take the BP anymore though. So I'm wondering what I can do to speed up the process of making this thing turn white. Any suggestions? :think:

Thanks everyone.

Hot compress. Steaming can aggravate some skin so I usually spot hot compress areas needing deelp cleansing or has blemishes that need to come to a head.

dip a clean cloth in hot (but not scalding!) water and hold to your nodule until it starts cooling down. Do this a few times once a day as necessery.

Hot compress. Steaming can aggravate some skin so I usually spot hot compress areas needing deelp cleansing or has blemishes that need to come to a head.

dip a clean cloth in hot (but not scalding!) water and hold to your nodule until it starts cooling down. Do this a few times once a day as necessery.

So...this cyst/nodule (really hard to tell the difference at this point) turned white this morning. I was good for as long as I could be. Then I just now tried to coax it out of my skin. :rolleyes: Needless to say, it didn't work. It appeared to be so close to the surface...I was sure it would come out. :( So now it's just a big bump. It doesn't look like it's going to be ready for extraction for a LONG time. What do you guys think? I'd really like to get rid of this thing within the next couple of days, so I can hide at home over the weekend.

I lanced it and it started bleeding (usually the white stuff starts to ooze immediately)...does this mean that it wasn't ready. And if so, when do you think it'll be ready. Do I have to start back at square one now that I've messed with it? Ugh. Sorry...and thanks.

Frankly, I only pop whiteheads and only little ones at that. Larger bumps just aren't worth the potential for scarring (for me) or continuing worsening of the size and redness.

I'd stop trying to bring it to a head and just apply ice. That will help reduce the redness and swelling and if there is any, the pain. Just be gentle with your skin. Since you have created an open wound, the best thing to do is make sure you've washed your whole face again, your hands, then apply a dab of antibiotic ointment to the spot and cover it with a bandaid. You can apply the ice over the bandaid effectively. You'll want to wash the spot, apply new antibiotic ointment, and change the bandaid again tonight.

Thanks for your response. :) What do you usually do with the larger bumps, if you don't attempt popping?

Unfortunately, I'm at work right now. So washing my face isn't an option, nor is slapping a bandaid on. :( Do you think I can do it in about 4 hours...or is that too late? GRRRR!! I need to go somewhere important in 7 days and I really wanted this to be gone by now. Crap.

Thanks for your response. :) What do you usually do with the larger bumps, if you don't attempt popping?

Unfortunately, I'm at work right now. So washing my face isn't an option, nor is slapping a bandaid on. :( Do you think I can do it in about 4 hours...or is that too late? GRRRR!! I need to go somewhere important in 7 days and I really wanted this to be gone by now. Crap.

lipton tea bags. I swear, it works, this is EXACTLY what my derm told me to use to get my cyst to a head.

Make the regular tea--but only use the lipton tea bags---the regular kind, nothing fancy with it or anything.

but okay, make the tea, regularly...

and when you can handle it, put it on the source that you want ....lol.... sorry, I'm kinda still tired. :-

I would constantly put it back into the tea when it got cold...but after like an hour or something, it came to a head.... But if it doesn't, just keep doing it a few times a day.

other than that...

you can try something else, its turmeric & coconut oil, do a search for it on this forum, and its there, from one of my posts... that stuff REALLY works :) but it makes you all yellow unfortunately, so I'd suggest doing it one friday night when you KNOW you aren't gonna see many people over the weekend lol.

hope that helps!