Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Everytime I log into facebook, when I'm bored... it really depresses me. I go through friends & friends' profiles and it seems like just about everyone has a great life, great skin, amazing night-outs and hundred of friends.

Yeah, but do you honestly expect that someone's going to write all their negative thoughts in their profiles and upload pictures of sitting lonely at home on a Friday night or closeups of a breakout? You see the face they want to put forward in a profile.

Agreed. Everyone puts their best pics forward. It's funny because I've even thought to myself "Wow, nobody would ever think I've been off and on antidepressants and counselling for 5 years byu looking at my pics and profile!"

lol! It's such B.S. People only put up what they want others to see (myself included). Plus, some people really advertise their lives and lifestyles-I have a friend like that and everythign she puts up is to advertise how "cool" and "punk" she is. She's such a poser though.

ANYWAY-don't let it get to you. Don't waste your time looking through all that if it upsets you.

Agreed. Everyone puts their best pics forward. It's funny because I've even thought to myself "Wow, nobody would ever think I've been off and on antidepressants and counselling for 5 years byu looking at my pics and profile!"

lol! It's such B.S. People only put up what they want others to see (myself included). Plus, some people really advertise their lives and lifestyles-I have a friend like that and everythign she puts up is to advertise how "cool" and "punk" she is. She's such a poser though.

ANYWAY-don't let it get to you. Don't waste your time looking through all that if it upsets you.

Yeah my friend's myspace profile is written to make her seem like she is some wild party girl & she has dozens of photos of herself trying to look sexy (a total camera whore). In reality, I know that she is a sickly & insecure girl with few friends & hardly goes out at all....she mostly stays home with her fiance & their dogs. Whenever I invite her to do something fun she is always sick...and if you read her comments you start to notice that everyone writes "I miss you" & "we need to hang out" comments because she never goes out & is usually sick...

So yeah, people present themselves however they want, and it's often not reality.

Yeah, it can be pretty depressing. It's why I barely go on facebook anymore. I don't need to stress about what friends, ex-gf's or people from high-school are doing with their lives. I just need to focus on mine.

I'm also terribly photogenic so that's another reason to dislike it lol

I know what you mean...it really pains me to se people from the past who have harmed me look better, not because I want to see them punished...I'm not a sadist..but it's really ashame and tragic....especially when you know how much more pleased you would have been if your skin would be better..and act like less handicapped....

Exactly like everyone said: It's not actually that their lives are so great, it's just that it appears that way on facebook.

Honestly, f*ck facebook. Social utility to connect with the world my ass. More like utility to flaunt the number of "friends" you have and post scantily clad pictures of yourselves while pissed drunk at some random bar. And it's getting so ridiculous with the number of features - graffiti, superpoke..it's f*cking retarded! Stop spending your time fiddling around with shit like that and go out and do something with your life.

I'm sorry it's just that I hate things like that on the Internet - myspace, facebook. God..and when one fad dies down, another one jumps to replace it and it's this never ending cycle.

Anyways...my best suggestion is just to not go on it. Check once in a while to see if ppl have messaged you and what not, but otherwise, there are so many ways to use your time better than f*ckbook I mean facebook.

I like Facebook. It's put me back in touch with friends from a long time ago. As long as you understand what it's good for, there's no reason to be offended.

MySpace, on the other hand, is something else.

Life is full of ups and downs. Sometimes everything goes well in your life, got plenty of friends, always go out, etc and sometimes it seems like everything is going wrong, your lonely, acne on your face..

It's just a phase in your life and it's normal to feel depressed sometimes.

a wise woman once said to me : booboo:( ... lighten up sunshine ;)

lol

I like Facebook. It's put me back in touch with friends from a long time ago. As long as you understand what it's good for, there's no reason to be offended.

MySpace, on the other hand, is something else.

I always thought about creating a profile and putting a horrible picture on there and leaving the friends section blank (even dump that Tom retard), just to be the asshole antithesis of MySpace. :cool:

it's all about how you use myspace or facebook or anything like that.. they can be used to simply keep in touch with people and maybe meet new people, or they can be used for "friend" whoring and false identities. it's not the websites themselves that are bad, it's some of the ways in which they're used.

Guest Cubsfan

i hate myspace and facebook too

but i lurv youtube and ebay

The people that seem to have amazing lives on facebook are the ones who LIVE on facebook. I have a mate who takes photos all the time ONLY for facebook, like when we go out to theme parks or have a really good day, just brings his camera and spends his time taking pics (mostly with him in them)...the rest of the time he's sending messages on facebook, putting his pics up on facebook, practically living on there. Instead of sending facebook messages and sending pics, its better to just go and talk to them in REAL LIFE. I admit i have facebook and its good to keep in touch with mates that live far away or ones you havent spoke to in ages...but being on there 24/7 is just sad.

Meh, I love Zoints better than Facebook, MySpace, and all of that other shit.

For one thing, Zoints has a (great) mentality of littering out the "kiddies"... as it SHOULD be. :D

Exactly like everyone said: It's not actually that their lives are so great, it's just that it appears that way on facebook.

Honestly, f*ck facebook. Social utility to connect with the world my ass. More like utility to flaunt the number of "friends" you have and post scantily clad pictures of yourselves while pissed drunk at some random bar. And it's getting so ridiculous with the number of features - graffiti, superpoke..it's f*cking retarded! Stop spending your time fiddling around with shit like that and go out and do something with your life.

I'm sorry it's just that I hate things like that on the Internet - myspace, facebook. God..and when one fad dies down, another one jumps to replace it and it's this never ending cycle.

Anyways...my best suggestion is just to not go on it. Check once in a while to see if ppl have messaged you and what not, but otherwise, there are so many ways to use your time better than f*ckbook I mean facebook.