Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BdF34

Moisturize Before or after

Wouldn't it make more sense to moisturize before? I mean, if you moisturize afterwards, you're risking the possibility of smearing off the medication or even spreading it areas where you don't need treatment, possibly decreasing the effectiveness of the product. The moisturizer can also act as a base for the acne treatment, as some acne medications irritate the skin when applied alone.

You make a good point mister_l.

I guess if your skin is really really dry after cleansing, apply a small amount of moisturizer. Then apply your medications, wait a good hour for the stuff to sink in, and moisturize again if necessary. You don't have to rub the moisturizer in like a psycho. Just slowly glide it over your skin until it's fully absorbed.

I thought everyone moisturized after. Thats what I do. I wait twenty to twenty five minutes (like it says in my signature) and then I moisturize

I think its to moisturise AFTER topical medications...as Molly said, you should really wait 20-30 minutes before applying your moisturiser so the skin can return to its PH level and you wont smear the topical medication off. And also, if you apply the moisturiser before it, I dont know...your topical treatment might not fully abosrb into the skin as the moisturiser acts as a barrier- Im not sure about this but its just what I think...