Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How many people responding to this are even "of age?" It sounds like this has become a forum for the younger of our users...Many of the statements I am hearing in this topic I also heard from the people who were sent to me for counseling (most court ordered to do so). THOSE PEOPLE WERE IN REHAB - not really their best thinking. Those of you who do not think that there are long term effects to smoking are mistaken, especially with the quantities most of you are bragging about using. I know most of you are thinking, those things won't happen to me, I can control it, it's better than alcohol. Unfortunately it is that kind of thought process and belief system that leads people not only to have problems with the law but to slowly allow drugs to take over their life. I have seen it way too many times.

I know that I will not change anyone's mind, but I have seen the hurt that drugs cause families and friends. And most of you would not believe what the psychological addiction to weed can cause people to do. If you are smoking so much you don't know what it's like to be straight, there is something else going on with you.

What's so bad about feeling and taking life as it is.

ok, even though i make use of it n say things in favor ect..ect.. want to make this clear:

It is Absolutely NOT OK to overdo it. It is NOT OK to use it everyday, If you overdo it it will have negative effects, as with everything else.

So many people here taking drugs... :shock: Maybe it's my ethnic background but I'm still shocked! Is this because of depression from acne???

For the record, I've never smoked, or drink alcohol.

- How many people die every year from alcohol poisoning?

- There has not been a single case where a marijuana overdose killed someone.

- Marijuana is illegal because the government can't tax it like they do with alcohol and cigarettes. Once they find a way to regulate and tax weed, it will be legalized.

- They need to legalize marijuana. Why? Because right now the money is going towards drug dealers instead of back into the country/state if it were to be regulated and taxed. How many people do you see standing on dark street corner selling alcohol?

- How many people die every year from alcohol poisoning?

- There has not been a single case where a marijuana overdose killed someone.

So many people here taking drugs... :shock: Maybe it's my ethnic background but I'm still shocked! Is this because of depression from acne???

For the record, I've never smoked, or drink alcohol.

That's a very closed minded view. Just because something causes no fatalities, that's not to say it isn't harmful. Psychological effects such as paranoia, psychosis, manic depression and schizophrenia are very serious ilnesses.

The point I was making wasn't that it's harmless. Duh. It's not. But look how many more people are dying every year from alcohol and tobacco. Hundreds of thousands! No one has ever died of smoking weed. The former two are legal, the latter isn't. That's what I was pointing out.

The point I was making wasn't that it's harmless. Duh. It's not. But look how many more people are dying every year from alcohol and tobacco. Hundreds of thousands! No one has ever died of smoking weed. The former two are legal, the latter isn't. That's what I was pointing out.

And as i stated in a previous post, just because something isn't causing deaths does not mean it's not dangerous. The reality is, the only people who want marijuana legalised are those who use the stuff and like the idea of it being more readily accessible, cheaper and of greater purity.

Please, stop telling me how damaging alcohol is and stating it's legality. I'm very aware of these facts, and i don't think alcohol is a good thing, but that's completely irrelevant to this argument. Just because one harmful substance is legally bought and sold, it does not warrrant the legalisation of another, even if that substance happens to be non fatal.

That's a very closed minded view. Just because something causes no fatalities, that's not to say it isn't harmful. Psychological effects such as paranoia, psychosis, manic depression and schizophrenia are very serious ilnesses.

And as i stated in a previous post, just because something isn't causing deaths does not mean it's not dangerous. The reality is, the only people who want marijuana legalised are those who use the stuff and like the idea of it being more readily accessible, cheaper and of greater purity.

Please, stop telling me how damaging alcohol is and stating it's legality. I'm very aware of these facts, and i don't think alcohol is a good thing, but that's completely irrelevant to this argument. Just because one harmful substance is legally bought and sold, it does not warrrant the legalisation of another, even if that substance happens to be non fatal.

Anyone worried about the health effects should consider investing in a quality vaporizer. I spent $500(i know its a lot of money) on a volcano vaporizer www.storz-bickel.com about 5 years ago and its the best thing ive ever invested in. I only smoke about once a week now if that, but vapes are the way to go. It conserves your herb a lot too. Definitley paid for itself by now. Lots of the cheap ones dont work though.

Dont smoke crappy schwag either, that stuff will kill you!! Spend the cash and get quality buds, your body and mind will thank you.

ive seriously considered smoking pot for medical reasons. ricky williams (nfl player) who suffered bad social anxiety disorder said weed was way more affective than paxil with less side effects. but i also am considering law enforcement as a career, so i have thus far avoided it.

i view alcohol as worse than weed. but i think weed should require a prescription and used responsibly.

OK STOP EVERYONE. A couple of things are bothering me.

1. To all the people saying weed can be laced with coke or LSD that is bulltshit because

A.)Dealers dont waste valuable product by putting it into weed.

B.)Its impossible to get any effects from smoking coke or LSD because they dont become active at the same temperature weed does so even if the weed was laced (which it wasnt) it would be pointless.

C.) The only thing that weed will possibly be "laced" with is glass particles and if you live in england and your a regular smoker (or read the newspapers) you'll know that we had a bit of an outbreak of glassed weed a couple of months ago. Dealers lacing

weed with more expensive drugs is illogical

2. For everyone saying that weed causes mental illnesses, please do some research before you paraphrase overused government propaganda. There is some truth in that prolonged use of marijuana may trigger *existing* mental issues but it isnt a direct cause of mental illnesses. The only damage it can cause is to the lungs but a vaporiser or learning to cook can cure that problem

It pains me to see that so many people still believe all this shit that the government subtly pump into your daily lives.

3. The tobbaco/alcohol argument. For the people saying that everything that is harmful should be banned. Do you really believe that humans are so stupid that we need to be told what we can put into our OWN bodies? Should we not have the choice? The way i would like it is if the government gave us the cold hard FACTS about things rather then telling half truths and blatant lies and then letting US decide what we want to do. Instead of spewing out anti drugs propaganda like " The War on Drugs" or "FRANK" etc etc. Point is, we should have the choice

4. I like you drowning_ophelia

5. I cant believe there are still so many people with such closed minds towards drugs(especially weed). You guys seriously need to look past the shit that you think you know about them and actually do your own research. Im not saying everyone should start taking drugs, im just saying actually look into them before you make your judgements

EDIT: sorry but i forgot to say how gay it is that State precribed drugs which can include Certain opiates(which is one of the most addictive type of drug there is) are more addictive and damaging then weed but because the government say its ok then its socially acceptable.

^^^That i dont really have a problem with, its the fact that self righteous morons who bumlove the government just go along with it.

I think what everyone needs to do is use their heads. Stop reading and accepting propaganda like you would an encyclopedia. Stop simply believing everything you see on TV or read in the newspaper. Before taking anything for fact... THINK. Do the research and be informed about what you are being told.

THINK about why alchohol is legal and being sold in stores, and tobacco cigarettes are readily sold over the counter. Think about why alchohol has been legalized again after it has already been made illegal during prohibition. Everyone knows the harmful effects of tobacco and how many people die from it every year. In fact, not only does it affect the primary users, but second hand smoke affects people around them. Why is it then that this drug is still legal? Face it, it has absolutely nothing to do with the dangers it has on the user and society.

If you accept that these drugs are legal for the right reasons, then THINK and ASK YOURSELF why marijuana is still illegal? Do this and tell me what is really on your mind rather then regurgitating the same bullshit you heard on the news or read on some propaganda-filled website.

peace,