Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiscoBloodbath

Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle and the regimen?

so i'm engineering this regimen in my mind to target my acne and red marks. i would use cetaphil gentle cleanser, Dan's BP, moisturizer (yet to find a good one), and maybe Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle.

but my question is, is it too much to use the BP and a 12% AHA? of course i would first allow my skin to adjust to the BP before trying AHA, but still....

also, how can i use this convo? do i do BP in the morning and AHA at night (or vice versa) then moisturize, or do i add it all together once a day? for instance, cleanser>BP>AHA>moisturizer all at night?

thanks in advance. :D

I think most people use alpha hydrox as a spot treatment rather than on the whole face. If you want to use an AHA all over, you might better off with an AHA moisturizer such as Neutragena Healthy Skin or Lachydrin Five.

I used the souffle on my whole face and loved it May. I would still use it except it stopped working.

I didn't use it in conjunction with the BP but I was using other harsh things like SA. Do you have dry skin normally? Maybe you could try it every other day or something. I did have a small IB when I first started it and it does sting a little...

Good luck!

That 12% AHA is going to be too strong to use as an all over moisturizer, I think, and you're only going to want to put it on individual spots and use a separate moisturizer. You'd use it after BP absorbs, but probably before you put a normal moisturizer on.

The way I use AHA, I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion at night as my moisturizer, since it's an 8% glycolic acid product and pretty strong, but not intolerably strong to use all over my face. Obviously some redmark spots were worse than others on my face, but this made my whole face look really nice and fresh and glowy and less redmarky after a couple of months. I don't recommend using AHA more than once a day since if you overdo it (especially with BP), your skin can get really sensitive, but for spot treating you might be able to get away with twice a day. With AHAs, though, it's very important that you wear some SPF when going outside in the day, which is why many regimen users only use AHA at night as part of the moisturizing step.

oh thank you cool as kim deal!! you've been very informative and helpful :). i wasn't really planning on using the suffle as a moisturizer and am not even sure if my overly sensitive skin can handle it, but i just wanted to try it since it has such great reviews.

Ami- yeah my skin does tend to be on the dry, very sensitive side. hope this helps out with the marks. thanks for the good wishes. :wub: