Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Camellia Oil! Better than Jojoba and Emu oil 4 dryer skins?

Hi Scorpio! smile.gif

I'm pretty happy with my skin now. TCA cross helped with large pores and general TCA helped with skin tone/freckles. I'm not putting anything on my face besides sunblock these days. I hope these results last.

Also, everybody says this, but drinking a lot of water is really good for your skin. Since the peel, I can tell the difference when I've drunk a lot of water and when I haven't.

Question to those using oils for healing-

why are you not using the Rose hip oil which has proven to be a scar reducing oil?

I perservered for a few months but it broke me out every time. Also, I didn't have the time to massage it into the scars several times a day.

Guest Tracy

I don't really like this Camillia oil that much. (another $12.50 or so down the friggen tubes!!) The texture is "slimy" to me....I don't know.....I've been using it on my scalp every few days....perhaps I'll use it as a body moisturizer, but I just don't really prefer it on my face. Does anyone else feel the same way? Hopefully my Kinerase samples will show up soon. Then i can moisturize with that instead.

I tried this oil for a while after some peels. I put on copper peptides and then put the Camellia Oil on over that and I started breaking out very bad. I don't usually get the cysts and I got them with this oil. All I was using at the time was the peels, (which I had used for several months before) once a week. Then copper peptides then the oil. I was kind of hoping it was the cp because I don't like it much but I stopped it and continued to use the oil and still broke out. So I stopped using it (except in my body lotion) and have not broke out since. I HATE it for my face!! Like I said, when I break out it is very small ones that go away within a week and these were huge cysts. But it works well in my body lotion.

Guest Scorpioness

I'm very acne prone, but have not broken out from the Camellia oil. Maybe it's because I use it with Amino Plex.

I can't decide if I like this better than jojoba oil... It feels more luxurious to me. I like how my face looks and feels in the morning after using it the night before. I am going to keep using it for now.... but I don't use it every day.

I LOVE Camellia oil!!! It is my new HG. I have not broken out with this product at all. But the original IG and the CollagenRX does break me out. This in combo with Curry Boy soap, will be my main stay moisture from now on. The price is right and 1 pump in the morning and let it soak in under my mineral makeup makes for great lookin skin with no new pimples... Glad you found it Maya!

ohh thanks. also, do you know if silkia camellia oil is ok to use on mild redness and mild scars?

b/c i've heard of so many people using it on severe scars like pits and stuff

i've been using it daily for about six months and it honestly hasn't done much other than improve my skintone slightly so use on mild redness and scarring is probably more likely to be successful. it's for most skin types, really. some acne-prones have broken out with it but i never had any camellia oil-related breakouts. it's quite soothing and should be just fine for you.

I used silkia's camellia oil and it broke my face out too yet on my body it was great. I hated that but I switched to moisture x brand www.japanesewhitening.webs.com and I havent broke out on my face from it plus its good for the body so this might be a better brand than silkia's . Maybe its milder or something I dont know but it didnt break me out.