Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matt_08

Getting it out of my System

I finished my course and would like to know if there is there anything i can do to get this poison out of my system?

Something to cleanse my blood? ..liver?

it clears from the system on it's own within 8-10 days of the last dose. it may take longer than that for the dryness to go away though, but the med will be out of your system.

I have read that Isotretinoin and its metabolites are not stored in the body unlike Vit A and are eliminated within a week of stopping therapy. If so, i am curious why some drs advocate 6mths wait from any scar treatment.

I believe Milk thistle can be beneficial in liver cleansing, I don't know how effective or dosage you'd need though.

I have read that Isotretinoin and its metabolites are not stored in the body unlike Vit A and are eliminated within a week of stopping therapy. If so, i am curious why some drs advocate 6mths wait from any scar treatment.

the med is out of your system within 10 days, but the effect it has on your skin lasts much longer (the effect on acne is often permanent). your skin will still be fragile from treatment so you should wait 6 months for your skin to go back to "normal"