Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Someone ever called you gross?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Yes, and as a result I have feelings of guilt

• Yes, but I don't care because I'm somewhat pleased with myself and my achievements
    • No, Because I always manage to look fresh and clean

Sometimes I do feel gross and unclean, even knowing that acne has nothing to do with cleanliness. Yep. It sucks.

Guest T-Virus

What? Has someone ever called me a goose? :eh:

Ok, maybe it's me as a person and my philosophy of life they don't like not acne...Cause people have for a long time called me fake and a freak...

Yes. It doesn't matter if I have only a couple pimples either as I still feel gross regardless. I should be thankful my skin has improved over the years but I'm not. :shrug:

I can't really vote because here are my thoughts. Yes, I care when people call me gross because of my acne as it makes me feel bad that so few people (i.e under 100 in the whole world) care about the inside of people only the outside.

No matter what people say it's easier said than done..it's still like a social handicapp and to have an other person call you groose..man that hurts specially when your acne gets worser later and cystic also...

I don't understand the poll answers (?), none fit me....

When my acne was at its worst I felt gross & a few people made comments which contributed to that feeling, although no one outright said I was gross. It did affect how I felt about my appearance & it lowered my self esteem even more. So yes I felt gross & it bothered me that other people may have saw me as gross.

Nobody has ever called me gross, but I some days I do feel that way. Like when my skin is really oily and my face is really marked up, I feel scruffy and unclean.

Yeh and that peple look down on you cause your greasy and since you have the same feelings about yourself you totally become addicted to your skin

Yeh and that peple look down on you cause your greasy and since you have the same feelings about yourself you totally become addicted to your skin

Ok that's good then your skin is not that bad and you must be a likeable person. Sometimes I think it's fun when people say that even if I'm really hurt and start to comapre myself with others who happens to have better skin and bigger boobs ( and other complexion I used to have but now they are good) who are not even that pretty. But I know that it's not my faulth I have acne and that person has to be really miserable to pull down a severe acne-sufferer with low selfesteem and no concious. He completely made a fool out of himself and made me look good instead. But at that time my acne wasn't even that severe it got severer later, thus creating more anxiety.

However acne or no acne it's all about values, just because you feel like crap over your acne or whatever problem or insecurities you have it totally doesn't give you the right to pull down a person with a fragile self-esteem and who suffer from a severer form of acne, cause then you must be totally sick. Even the severer sufferer doesn't do that cause they have better values and principals. Like you can't lecture and idiot but it totally gives you a lesson for the future on how to handle people and to laugh at their prejudiced twisted opinions.