Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've read in many places that vitamin B6 and the rest of the B vitamins are good for your skin.

However, i once read, in an old post made by sweetjade, that vitamin B6 may have bad effects for the skin in certain circumstances.

Post #15

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=30721

Anyone know of any further information?

[Just and added thought: If B12 and B6 are in fact bad for acne, then perhaps the way in which mega-dosing B5 helps is by inhibiting the uptake of these B-vitamins, as i've heard taking too much of one B-vitamin will reduce your stores of the others.]

I should add that it would appear from google and pubmed that B12 is a common cause of acne in people who hadn't previously had acne.

As for me, i will discontinue B6 and B-complex.

what amount can it be considered as "bad" for our skin? b-complex specifically B50 only contains 50mcg of b12. Isn't that just a tiny amount?

EDIT: OOPS!! this topic talks about b6 not b12. stupid me! lol

I've read in many places that vitamin B6 and the rest of the B vitamins are good for your skin.

However, i once read, in an old post made by sweetjade, that vitamin B6 may have bad effects for the skin in certain circumstances.

Post #15

[Just and added thought: If B12 and B6 are in fact bad for acne, then perhaps the way in which mega-dosing B5 helps is by inhibiting the uptake of these B-vitamins, as i've heard taking too much of one B-vitamin will reduce your stores of the others.]

But also according to many sweetjade posts, B6 works with zinc as an anti-androgen.

what amount can it be considered as "bad" for our skin? b-complex specifically B50 only contains 50mcg of b12. Isn't that just a tiny amount?

EDIT: OOPS!! this topic talks about b6 not b12. stupid me! lol

Actually it was kinda about both so it's alright lol.

On my B-complex the B12 is 1250% RDA.

Post #15

But also according to many sweetjade posts, B6 works with zinc as an anti-androgen.

Yup i read that but i'm not too sure on whether that has been verified. I haven't read anything about it in my research.

I'm concentrating more now on the whole insulin resistance aspect and i don't think B-vitamins contribute to that anyway so i'm playing it safe.