Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amylovehewitt

Accutane another kind of this drug

My friend told me he took something like accutane but he didnt have to get his blood drawn every month and he had to take it instead of accutane because he had depression problems.. would you knw what drug he took? it really cleared his face up.. he doesnt remember what it was thanks

It is very likely he took an antibiotic. Since you are using topical medications (I noted that in another post of yours), give them at least three months to work before you think they are not effective. I hope your dermatologist explained that most topicals take some time to work. Your acne might actually get worse before it gets better; the most simple explanation is that your skin is 'purging' the junk that's in it. It WILL get better so don't lose hope.

Accutane is used as a last resort treatment, or for someone who is developing scarring with their current acne. Topical antibiotics and other topical treatments are one of the first methods of treatment. Then the dermatologist may add oral antibiotics. If all of those fail, Accutane may be an option.

You might also benefit from reading around in the Nutrition and Holistic forum for diet tips that might help reduce your acne.