Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Saul Goodman

How do you know when to give up?

I've been using Doxycycline (Oral) and Clindamycin (Topical) for probably about 2 years, maybe more. At first they kept me really clear. There was actually a full 6 months where i had no spots at all! :shock: I'd never been happier and i actually thought i was free of this ugly disease. It didn't stay like that... Over the past year its seemed like my skin has worked in shitty cycles. No spots for a few weeks, then 3 spots at the same time, No spots for a while again, maybe even a month clear and then 3 or 4 spots at the same time and so on. That i can handle, but as of late, and I'm talking like the last month or so, its been non stop. Its crazy, i can't function normally with this. I can't handle it at all any more :(:wall:

In my last acne related discussion with my doctor he basically said that I've exhausted every option he can offer and his next port of call, even though he doesn't think my condition warrants it, is referring me to a dermatologist at the hospital who will possibly prescribe accutane. I'll admit I'm scared of this, but seriously, i can't go feeling like i feel today. This past month has been awful for my skin. :mad:

I've been using Doxycycline (Oral) and Clindamycin (Topical) for probably about 2 years, maybe more. At first they kept me really clear. There was actually a full 6 months where i had no spots at all! :shock: I'd never been happier and i actually thought i was free of this ugly disease. It didn't stay like that... Over the past year its seemed like my skin has worked in shitty cycles. No spots for a few weeks, then 3 spots at the same time, No spots for a while again, maybe even a month clear and then 3 or 4 spots at the same time and so on. That i can handle, but as of late, and I'm talking like the last month or so, its been non stop. Its crazy, i can't function normally with this. I can't handle it at all any more :(:wall:

In my last acne related discussion with my doctor he basically said that I've exhausted every option he can offer and his next port of call, even though he doesn't think my condition warrants it, is referring me to a dermatologist at the hospital who will possibly prescribe accutane. I'll admit I'm scared of this, but seriously, i can't go feeling like i feel today. This past month has been awful for my skin. :mad:

Guest T-Virus
accutane isnt bad at all just go for it i did and it is working

YOU did it and it's working for YOU.

When will people understand that their experience with accutane does not and will not represent everyone else's experience with the drug?

Aaaaw please don't give up!!

I would go on accutane if I was you. I took it and after dealing with severe cystic acne for several years I am finally CLEAR! It was so worth it, I finally have my life back. :wub:

Never give up. :) Never give in. Fight acne till it's dead and gone.

Ask your dermatologist for your next option.

Change your diet (look in nutrition and holistic forum for tips).

Change your lifestyle if you can.

Be determined that you will win, not this mindless disease. :D

When will people understand that their experience with accutane does not and will not represent everyone else's experience with the drug?

Thanks for the support everyone! You're all so nice. Maybe i will give accutane a shot, who knows. I'll see how my skin heals. It has one more chance and then that's it. :snooty:

Thanks though! :clap:

Guest T-Virus

God damn my bastarding spots! Why are they always on my fricking chin!? And why is it, when i get 2, i get 2 more and then 2 more all in the same place!!! NOT FAAAAAIR Aghhhhhh!! :wall:

Just needed to get that out :shifty:

I think my new face wash may be breaking me out a little, but i think thats normal when you change products at first right? Its a really nice face wash called Dead Sea Spa Magik, i hope it helps in the long run... :doubt:

God damn my bastarding spots! Why are they always on my fricking chin!? And why is it, when i get 2, i get 2 more and then 2 more all in the same place!!! NOT FAAAAAIR Aghhhhhh!! :wall:

I think my new face wash may be breaking me out a little, but i think thats normal when you change products at first right? Its a really nice face wash called Dead Sea Spa Magik, i hope it helps in the long run... :doubt:

Ouch, that product may actually have some icky ingredients in it, particularly if it has seaweeds or somesuch in it. The presence of iodine may cause inflammation in some. It does for me! Along with high fat. So no more burger king or mcdonald's for me. I cut them out for a month and half before my wedding (I wasn't thinking of acne, but rather of saving money) and lo and behold, I lost 13 pounds and my skin got clearer. It was partly the regimen but I do believe that not having high fat food with tons of salt really helped my skin.

it could be the face wash, but typically an initial reaction is a result of a skin sensitivity, not an adjustment to a new product. if it gets worse, you'll want to stop using it.

How can you give up on your skin anyway? Do you just stop using any products and wait for it to get worse..? Obviously that won't help your situation.

How can you give up on your skin anyway? Do you just stop using any products and wait for it to get worse..? Obviously that won't help your situation.

never give up. i remember the days i didnt have acne. thats what im fighting for right now. i keep asking god "just give me that one day". keep on going.