Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lakeviews

Insurance? Accutane Prescription Limit

So I've been on Accutane for several months now, the insurance company I'm with now (Regence Blueshield) told me they have a prescription limit of $3,000 , and as I went to refill my prescription today they told me that it reached the limit and that i had to pay ~$650 or so. I'm wondering what your guys' insurance plan is like and how you guys get around it for such long times.

Sorry to hear about your insurance company. I didn't have insurance when I was on Accutane and the cost was around 650$ if I had it filled @ a pharmacy like Walgreens, Eckerds, CVS, etc.

Sam's Club Pharmacy had it for around $240-$330 (depending on my dosage). So you may able to save money if there's a Sam's Club in your area-and just so you know, they don't require membership to use the pharmacy.

How many months do you have left?

Well, my first month I didn't have insurance and called around price shopping and Wal-Mart is the cheapest. The generic cost like $250 give or take, for 60 pills.

So I've been on Accutane for several months now, the insurance company I'm with now (Regence Blueshield) told me they have a prescription limit of $3,000 , and as I went to refill my prescription today they told me that it reached the limit and that i had to pay ~$650 or so. I'm wondering what your guys' insurance plan is like and how you guys get around it for such long times.

hmmm I have regence bluecross blueshield also and I'm still in my first month so idk. That sux though! I think I have full medication benefits or something so maybe im good. Im gonna call them soon though cuz now im worried!

Man I've had my fair share of problems with the insurance companies. I have Blue Shield of Cali. and they just changed the prescription cost limit, I was like wtf I already give you guys majority of my money every month. I think my limit went from unlimited (after deductible) to $2000 a year.