Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weenie Beenie

Differin dilemma

I started using Differin cream about 2.5 - 3 months ago. Also within this time, I started adding new things to my acne regimem like Fish oil and ACV. About 2 weeks ago, I ran out of Differin cream. So I went the next week without using any. Last week, my face probably looked the best it has in years. It looked like there was a "glow" to my skin, and there wasn't really any active acne. My skin also FELT better. Like I said, I wasn't using the Differin during this time. I went to see my derm last Friday, and he thought my skin looked pretty good and wanted me to continue using Differin cream.

Does it sound like I even need it though? Like I said, I haven't really had active facial acne in a few weeks (but like I said, the Differin may be the reason why) and plus I hate the way it feels when I use it. But, I don't know if it's what made my skin look better in the first place. If it is, I want to keep using it obviously. I just don't know whether to continue it or not. I have a bunch of redmarks on my back so I was thinking about just using it on my back, but maybe I should use it on my face as well?

Confusion...

keep using the differin, just use it less frequently, like every other night, or every third night.