Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ever since my skin has been clear I still suffer from some sort of acne paranoia. If I find a little bump or think I felt a little bit of pain on my skin, then I start to worry about my acne erupting again.

The very first time I got clear, when I was 18, I didn't suffer from it as I was naieve enough to think that now my acne had gone, that it had gone for good. When it did re-erupt at 20, it really did affect me mentally and upset me a dreadful amount. I think that perhaps my paranoia is linked in with the painful memory that acne can come back and destroy you. Its not an over the top paranoia or anything, but I do spend a fair amount of time worrying and prodding my face due to it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have. I thought my skin problems would magically disappear when I cleared up, but that hasn't been the case. Though I'm a little less self conscious about my skin, I'm still paranoid.

Ever since my skin has been clear I still suffer from some sort of acne paranoia. If I find a little bump or think I felt a little bit of pain on my skin, then I start to worry about my acne erupting again.

The very first time I got clear, when I was 18, I didn't suffer from it as I was naieve enough to think that now my acne had gone, that it had gone for good. When it did re-erupt at 20, it really did affect me mentally and upset me a dreadful amount. I think that perhaps my paranoia is linked in with the painful memory that acne can come back and destroy you. Its not an over the top paranoia or anything, but I do spend a fair amount of time worrying and prodding my face due to it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I know exactly what you're talking about!! I had clearish skin only with some red marks up till now (since school ended) and I've been getting a pimple here and there for the last couple of days and I'm freaking out (One big one on my nose that just won't go away, but it's doesn't hurt, a big one on my chin, but it's barely noticiable and my right side brokeout with zits) I'm constantly going to look at the mirror now. I don't know if it's the stress of staying up late almost every night or what? I switched to a new cleanser (Purpose Gentle Cleanse) a week ago, but I don't think it's that because it's way more gentle than the last cleanser I had, though it seemed to made my skin tone more even my red marks seem a lot more red. I've tried to sleep early but I won't fall asleep. And if it's stress causing it, I'll be in way more stress soon, because I'm going out of state in the next couple of days for family matters and I doubt I'll have any good night sleeps there, and when I get back I'm going to a wedding in Pennsylvania for a wedding and that'll take atleast 2-3 days. I told my mom if I still get breakouts I'm going to ask her to take me to the derm sooner than expected, because I have a scheduled appointment for July 31. I'm currently taking doxycycline 100mg once a day, I really hope that my body isn't going to become immune to it. The dermatologist told me that becoming immune to it rarely happens and you can be on it for years without it causing a problem.

Guest The Effendi

Paranoia is a rough feeling, it's so hard to overcome, but it's not impossible.

Hey, hello!goodbye(Beatles?), Melatonin worked miracles for my sleep. It would

take literally an hour for me to fall asleep, but I still woke up about every 20

minutes, lord, it was aweful. You just take one Melatonin tablet before you go

to sleep, every night. After about a week I had regular sleep patterns, and you

really start to feel great( Even while I was on vacation!). It's natural too, your

brain makes Melatonin on it's own, when it starts to get dark, so the tablest just

sort of helps it along................hope that helps!

Paranoia is a rough feeling, it's so hard to overcome, but it's not impossible.

Hey, hello!goodbye(Beatles?), Melatonin worked miracles for my sleep. It would

take literally an hour for me to fall asleep, but I still woke up about every 20

minutes, lord, it was aweful. You just take one Melatonin tablet before you go

to sleep, every night. After about a week I had regular sleep patterns, and you

really start to feel great( Even while I was on vacation!). It's natural too, your

brain makes Melatonin on it's own, when it starts to get dark, so the tablest just

sort of helps it along................hope that helps!

Hmm idk, my parents will probabaly think it's a bad idea and my dad will yell at me, because he's always telling me to just goto sleep early and wake up early. Usually I tire myself out by doing everyday things like sports, but since school ended I'm inside most of the term because there's nothing to do, the sun (I'm taking doxycycline and using defferin soon can't be in the sun), and the heat.

Same here! I had clearish skin for so long, and now I'm covered in papules. I'm afraid it's more than a breakout, but rather a sign of another rash of persistent, painful acne.

Guest The Effendi
Hmm idk, my parents will probabaly think it's a bad idea and my dad will yell at me, because he's always telling me to just goto sleep early and wake up early. Usually I tire myself out by doing everyday things like sports, but since school ended I'm inside most of the term because there's nothing to do, the sun (I'm taking doxycycline and using defferin soon can't be in the sun), and the heat.

Oh...............well, just a thought. Well, you know, sometimes going to bed earlier does

help. But why would it be a bad idea?