Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dingdingding

Retin A and skin thinning

so I read that tretinoin can cause thinning of your skin after a few weeks. Does that mean that like accutane, it would not be a good idea to squeeze your zits while you're on it? Since you might scar more easily with a thinner epidermis?

that would make alot of sense for me...once i went on it i swear all my pimples would result in red marks it was really bad...but it did help my face clear a good amount...but now im off it and using clindomycin as i think my problem is hair folliculitis

yes, squeezing is bad whether or not you are on retin a.

Something scary about that picture though is the "22 months" label. My God, I certainly hope I dont need to wait that long

I think with retinoids, the wait is the hardest part. They give amazing results, but it ultimately comes down to being patient. 22 months is a very long time, I agree -- however, I think they purposefully waited that long in order to analyze the long-term effects of it. Normally it takes about 3-6 months, although it varies with each person ^_^

ok so when your nose is all clogged up with blackheads, what do you guys do if you dont squeeze them? Do you guys all use pore strips?

Your skin becomes fragile when using retinoids, so using a pore strip could damage or tear your skin. I know it's tempting to want to squeeze, but doing so could have negative consequences.. When you squeeze a blackhead, you're only removing a part of the clog, and you risk pushing the rest of it deeper into your pore. I know it's annoying, but your best bet would be to just wait it out.

Your skin becomes fragile when using retinoids, so using a pore strip could damage or tear your skin. I know it's tempting to want to squeeze, but doing so could have negative consequences.. When you squeeze a blackhead, you're only removing a part of the clog, and you risk pushing the rest of it deeper into your pore. I know it's annoying, but your best bet would be to just wait it out.