Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
favre4

Sick of hairloss

Every time I rub my hands through my damn hair I get at least 3 strands, my hair has gone from perfect to nothing, and what hurts the most is that my derm told me not to worry about it when I told him that I was noticing hair loss around month three! I highly suggest you stop Accutane if you have hair loss because from the looks of my hair I am going to be bald the rest of my fucking life... fuck acne, fuck Accutane, and fuck lying dermatologists...

Every time I rub my hands through my damn hair I get at least 3 strands, my hair has gone from perfect to nothing, and what hurts the most is that my derm told me not to worry about it when I told him that I was noticing hair loss around month three! I highly suggest you stop Accutane if you have hair loss because from the looks of my hair I am going to be bald the rest of my fucking life... fuck acne, fuck Accutane, and fuck lying dermatologists...

hey i experienced hair loss too by the end of my treatment but around 5 months post tane it stopped.....i hv all these new tiny small hair....so i dun think its permanent....but i was on 20mg/day for 9 months

Just so you know it's normal to loose 100-200 strands a day........It's more like 100-150 if you have a normal head of hair, but someone with very thick hair (like me) can actually shed 200 stands a day and not notice any thinning......

I used to have long, smooth, silky and hair... it became extremely fry and brittle... btu now it is more oily but still falling out more than ever...

mine is dryer get a really good conditioner

i am using scalp treatments as its peeling and sore quite bad this doesn't make my hair at all nice i do agree with you as to the quality of the hair, it isn't great but good conditioner does help

Just so you know it's normal to loose 100-200 strands a day........It's more like 100-150 if you have a normal head of hair, but someone with very thick hair (like me) can actually shed 200 stands a day and not notice any thinning......

i think up to 200 is normal, i am female with thick long dark hair, i lose loads - even having it in a hairband held up tight pulls hair out, accutane or no accutane

my hair definately goes through a cycle of falling out in summer too

For me loosing up to 250 a day is normal. How do I know this? I have a few weird quirks and rituals and one of them is counting things. Ever since childhood I have had a bad habit of counting my hairs that fall out in the shower. Because of this I usually take pretty long showers and I've been known to be late because of this habit. I have very long thick hair. I can loose 250 stands a day and not notice any difference in the thickness of my hair.....some days I'd loose maybe 80-90, then other days I could loose 300. Of corse it depends on how much I wash and brush my hair and if I wear it in a ponytail.

Yes but do you wash your hair every day without fail? and as you said holding it up in a ponytail withholds alot of hairs. My mum is the same, she only washes it once a week and says to me i loose hundreds. My reponse is yeah but i loose 150 a day every day without fail, and exactly 9 weeks ago i lost about 5 a day at the most...

Plus with us guys experiencing hairloss we can physically feel and see the difference...

IMHO it is scarrier for guys my age because we are less likely to recover from it than our female counterparts...

Dude from reading your profile, it looks like you suffered with this on your last course of accutane? and now its happening again? did you recover ok last time?

no i had minor hairloss during my course and my derm said it was nothing about and here i am now....

i dont really know, it has been changing for a while now maybe since last september, but it has only just recently gotten serious. now it doesn't have as much volume and it looks alot more dry. it is also much darker.

3 hairs in your hands after running them through your hair is nothing to be worried about, it is actually quite normal. If you had like 20+ then you would have reason to be concerned.

No when looking in the light i can notice bald spots and my and the hair that is no my temples is the only blonde hair i have now and it is very thin and brittle...