Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lumpman

Cystic Acne transformed to ??

(January 07) First, I had 2 cystic acne growing near each other on the right side of my cheek.

Then sometime in March or so, they came together and combined into one cyst (pus, blood, etc.)

And as each month passes by, they became a "lump"? Hard tissue on the outside, but softer tissue on the inside based on feel alone. It's not liquidy soft as a regular cyst though.

On some days, the "lump" is more swollen, but it's not soft, it still feels hard. There is no pain when I touch it.

Has anyone has the same problem? What kind I do to make the lump go down since this is the only problem area I have left?

I really don't want to use Accutane.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

post-59891-1182753577_thumb.jpg

post-59891-1182753589_thumb.jpg

post-59891-1182753595_thumb.jpg

post-59891-1182753577_thumb.jpg

post-59891-1182753589_thumb.jpg

post-59891-1182753595_thumb.jpg

One that's been around that long might benefit from being checked out by a derm. Cortisone likely won't be used as it has no tenderness right now. It may actually need to be excised, particularly if it is large. Otherwise, be prepared for it to hang around for a very long time. Some stay for years. :(

If you want it to go away faster, you will need to employ some exfoliative techniques. You may try manual or chemical exfoliation. Manual would be some type of liquid scrub, or the baby's hair brush method (see signature), etc. Chemical would be an alpha hydroxy acid, a beta hydroxy (salicyclic acid), or a retinoid cream. I would try an alpha hydroxy acid first, a product like Alpha Hydrox Souffle is highly recommended on these boards. It promotes exfoliation and evens out the skin tone very nicely. I use a glycolic acid product and had 85% of my acne cleared with that product alone, just because glycolic is such a wonder. The souffle has glycolic acid. There's no guarantee that exfoliation will help clear such a deep seated cyst.

(January 07) First, I had 2 cystic acne growing near each other on the right side of my cheek.

Then sometime in March or so, they came together and combined into one cyst (pus, blood, etc.)

And as each month passes by, they became a "lump"? Hard tissue on the outside, but softer tissue on the inside based on feel alone. It's not liquidy soft as a regular cyst though.

On some days, the "lump" is more swollen, but it's not soft, it still feels hard. There is no pain when I touch it.

Has anyone has the same problem? What kind I do to make the lump go down since this is the only problem area I have left?

I really don't want to use Accutane.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Hmm is there anyone else that have had the same experience or know the solution to my problem? I'm gonna try some Alpha Hydrox Souffle next month and see how that goes, but I would like to know more options if there are any available.

Hmm is there anyone else that have had the same experience or know the solution to my problem? I'm gonna try some Alpha Hydrox Souffle next month and see how that goes, but I would like to know more options if there are any available.

No, I have never had any surgery done to that area. Well, I guess it takes time to heal such a thing. No use stressing over it too much. Thank you everyone who tried to help me.

Also, thank you for the compliment, I'm sure I'd get more if this thing goes down haha

Yep, lumpman, I've got the same thing, actually I've got 3 lumps like that, and guess where? ON MY FREAKING NOSE. Fortunatly they're not too big but they are there, and sometimes people ask me if my nose is broken, because on one side it looks like if it's swollen because of them...

And yes, I've had them after HUGE cysts, the red color disapeard but the lump was there, and had the form of the cyst. I think I'm going to get them removed, that's what the derm told me they were going to do, but I hope it won't leave a big scar... that would be awful.

Oh I see. Thank you for replying. May I ask when you are getting the surgery done? Please keep me up to date if that is possible. Thanks again

I think I'm going to get them removed, that's what the derm told me they were going to do, but I hope it won't leave a big scar... that would be awful.

yea ive have that kind of problem b4 but mine doesnt scar like that though, Im usually left with the right amount of tissue what you have is a hypertrophic scar. What happens is when the are is clotting it somehow doesnt kno when to stop. Ask you derm for what he can do for you there probably chemical peels? i dont think you can you cryosurgery on that though