Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Please help me! I need help tweeking my regimen

Please help me! My face is so cracked and dry from using both the evoclin and dans bp. I am also starting to break out in whiteheads on my forehead where I was practically clear before. Im gonna use a little bit of complex15. I was wondering how long after putting the bp on, I should wait before I moisturize. Also do you guys have other suggestions for how I can keep my sensitive skin hydrated. Thankies!

the clinic that my dd is going to has this nice hydrating emulsion. My dd uses this before she applies her BP, her skin was also dehydrated. I wonder if they sale thier products to non-clients?

the clinic that my dd is going to has this nice hydrating emulsion. My dd uses this before she applies her BP, her skin was also dehydrated. I wonder if they sale thier products to non-clients?

and...what is it?

I don't know how much it is. I bought it when I bought all her other products. All it is called is hydrating emulsion. My dd likes it. Sometimes I put it in the fridge for an added relief. It is like a gel substance.

Wait until the BP is fully dry....that can be anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes, depending on your skin & the climate. At night, try applying a lot more moisturizer since you don't have to worry about a shiny face then.

I see in your signature that you wash your face with water 4 times a day...doing that while using BP is only going to add to the dryness. I think you should try limiting washing to only twice a day. If your face gets very oily, then carry tissue to blot it.

Wait until the BP is fully dry....that can be anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes, depending on your skin & the climate. At night, try applying a lot more moisturizer since you don't have to worry about a shiny face then.

I see in your signature that you wash your face with water 4 times a day...doing that while using BP is only going to add to the dryness. I think you should try limiting washing to only twice a day. If your face gets very oily, then carry tissue to blot it.

Thank you for advice! I will try not to wash as much. I found this moisturizer from BE that I bought when I bought their horrible mineral make up. It has glycolic (sp?) acid in it. Would that be okay to use?

Molly, you should wait at least 5 minutes before applying moisturizer after applying BP, but the longer the better, in my experience. I wait at least 20 minutes now typically before I moisturize. Don't be afraid to load up on the moisturizer, I know you think most moisturizers break you out, but it's pretty unlikely that Complex 15 is going to give you any problems. Most breakouts you have now are because you still have active acne, not because of the products you're using. If I recall correctly, you though jojoba oil broke you out too, but I think for its moisturizing benefits that you ought to try it, it helps a lot and almost all regimen users seem to have no problems with it. You might want to try using jojoba oil either mixed in with your moisturizer or applied in a thin layer all over your face before the BP, though I don't know if that would create textural problems with the Evoclin.

Molly, you should wait at least 5 minutes before applying moisturizer after applying BP, but the longer the better, in my experience. I wait at least 20 minutes now typically before I moisturize. Don't be afraid to load up on the moisturizer, I know you think most moisturizers break you out, but it's pretty unlikely that Complex 15 is going to give you any problems. Most breakouts you have now are because you still have active acne, not because of the products you're using. If I recall correctly, you though jojoba oil broke you out too, but I think for its moisturizing benefits that you ought to try it, it helps a lot and almost all regimen users seem to have no problems with it. You might want to try using jojoba oil either mixed in with your moisturizer or applied in a thin layer all over your face before the BP, though I don't know if that would create textural problems with the Evoclin.

Hey Kim! Ive been thinking. Do you think I can put evoclin on, wait twenty minutes, put the bp on, wait twenty minutes, and then put the Complex15 on or is that too much? Also do you think its better to use a cleanser twice a day or once a day? Im currently using neutrogena (not that horrible one that contails SA) as you can see in my signature.

Hey Kim! Ive been thinking. Do you think I can put evoclin on, wait twenty minutes, put the bp on, wait twenty minutes, and then put the Complex15 on or is that too much? Also do you think its better to use a cleanser twice a day or once a day? Im currently using neutrogena (not that horrible one that contails SA) as you can see in my signature.

That sounds good to me! You might have to experiment with the wait time between the Evoclin and BP, but I think longer is better, so 20 minutes is probably good.

I would use your cleanser twice a day, each time before you do your routine. You want to get sweat, dead skin, residual gunk off your face before you reapply the BP etc., since that will help your products to absorb better and work better.

Drink water and excercise.

Water is the main thing I drink

My face is peeling. Maybe I can only use the evoclin and bp at night. I made the mistake of doing it this morning instead though

My face is peeling. Maybe I can only use the evoclin and bp at night. I made the mistake of doing it this morning instead though

OK. Go swim. It's good for your skin because it contains low molarity of chlorine solution. And afterwards, go lose some on the treadmill.

OK. Go swim. It's good for your skin because it contains low molarity of chlorine solution.

Ive been thinking. My face is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too dry from using bp and evoclin twenty minutes apart from each other. Do you think it would be better if I used the evoclin in the morning or night? I need to have the bp at either morning or night also, not both.