Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brushie

Eucerin moisturizer make anyone else's face shiny?

just what the topic says. does that happen to anyone else? my face isnt too shiny, but more than it should be, i think. i might have to go back to my clean and clear shine control moisturizer.

Yeah, I just switched from Eucerin to Clean & Clear Shine Control during the day... I guess I didn't notice before how shiny my face was. My suggestion with the Eucerin is to only use as much as you need. I used to just slather it on and wouldn't even try and rub it in, just let it absorb. I would apply only as much as is needed and rub it in. You should be OK cuz it's a great moisturizer. I still use it at night and I love it. I've been using less than I used to for about a week and I've noticed the shine is basically gone. So maybe that'll help biggrin.gif/

ok, i didnt think i was really going overboard with it, but i'll try using even less than i'm already using (it might just be me though, ya know?) i always have my bottle of clean and clear to fall back on...come to think of it, i dont even know why i tryed the eucerin, the clean and clear was working great for me.

Yeah, I agree, the Clean and Clear is great. But I love Eucerin cuz it makes my skin look how it used to look, makes the skin tone really good, and kind of evens it out. It also moisturizes like crazy... like it's a great moisturizer. Clean and Clear is also great, though, because you don't have to worry about water streaking down your face and making it turn white. I'd try the Eucerin a few more days and just see if the shinniness persists.

never used either...but could the shine be from the spf ingredients...they can give the face a slightly shiny iridescent cast?

SPF moisturizers tend to be shiny. So far, the least oily SPF moisturizer I've tried is Rachel Perry's, which is what I use now. Almost all the other one's I've tried have been incredibly greasy.